I got It as a gift so can't really return it... plus the return window was long gone when I realised that it has major issues with :
- low step count especially if you move around the house and you have a small one
- it does not counts the floors corectly UNLESS you live in a manshion with very high floors. In my case at work it counts corectly the floors because it's a very tall building with high floors but at home when I go upstairs nothing happends.... so it's either a software calibration thing or the pressure sensor is not sensbile enough to detect smaller changes.
- BIG issues with HR drop outs... when running and walking especially in my case... when I start the running everything is fine but it drops in a random manner after 1 minute or 5... sometimes it comes back after a few minutes or never... sometimes a watch restart is the only way to revive it.
- Because of the HR issues the calories are NOT counted corectly while working out
- sleep recognition is RUBBISH because if the watch constantly looses HR so sleep stages are NON EXISTANT telling you frequently that you slept restless 100% of the night... and that's absolutely impossible. On the days that it works you realise that the deep sleep that you had is so low that you start to wonder how do you function properly as a human.
- while I am at work, desk job, it tells me frequently that I am asleep during the day... REALLY ?
I tried everything possible (resetting, wiping, reinstalling, changeing phones). Nothing solves the problems. I wrote Samsung tickets, on forums, on social media... they pretend that nothing is wrong and it's my watch when if your read THIS forums, SAMSUNG FORUM, A LOT OF PEOPLE HAVE MY PROBLEMS... guess what IF MORE are telling you something YOU BETTER put 2 ingineers to have a look for 5 minutes and you WILL REALIZE quickly that ARE INDEED MANY PROBLEMS STILL PRESENT ON THIS GALAXY WATCH that need to GET FIXED in a DECENT AMOUNT OF TIME NOT MONTHS !
As this watch presents it's UNUSABLE as an sport/fitness watch...
DON'T BUY IT unless you need a smart watch and you care about the SMART part and not the SPORT part!
Very few have he courage to upset a big company by posting a negative review, if they do upset them next time most likely they will NOT get the next big thing to review so they loose money... so most reviewers play nice, make a nice short review, painting a nice picture about the product and move on. Given the watch lack of functionality because of it's firmware bugs that we all know, just out of curiosity have a look at 10 youtube reviews, guess how many dare to say the truth about the product out of those 10... maybe 1 or 2... MAYBE.
Or maybe it's easier (and good for everyone) to lie by obmision?
The other day I was reading about the new Samsung Sport Gear watch that they will launch probably in the next 6 months... so this Galaxy Watch is completely broken as a fitness/sport watch, they don't do anything about it for months now but they are on track to release the next one
No matter how you take it you just can accept the fact that they ask a lot of money for a product that WAS NOT 100%
FUNCTIONAL at the time of lauch and is NOT functional and still NOT functional now, 3 months later... not to mention that a lot of the advertised functionality STILL DOES NOT WORK at this point in time with the latest firmware !
same problem here, from indonesia.
buy this galaxy watch for nothing, better buy g shock if galaxy watch only watch function.. yeah spend money for nothing, all of my household using samsung. dont think this watch is horrible!!! already taken the watch to samsung service center, re installed by the mechanic .. after 15 minutes the step counter and floor counter DIED.. so samsung please hear this all of your customer complaining, do not let your customer move to other brand. you may check my id ( product that i used from long time )