Original topic:

New Watch won't show up in Samsung Find

(Topic created: 08-04-2024 10:11 AM)
Jtretakoff
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Just got a new Watch 6. I have another 6, as well as an old Galaxy Watch (love those bezels!). In the Wearable App, I can see both 6's; great. When I go to the new 6 and click Find my Watch, it brings me to the new Samsung Find app, which shows all my other watches... But not the new 6. How can I register the new 6 with Find? 

55 Replies
wholeenchilada
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I too have had problems with "Samsung Find" on new Galaxy 7 watch. From my phone, I can find and ring the watch. But from the watch, even though the phone is listed when I hit "Samsung Find", when i press that option, the blue dots swirl around for a bit and then either I'm taken back to the watch face or the app displays an error message of "couldn't get location". Spent hours with Samsung Care but they knew nothing. They even tried to tell me that "Samsung Find" was not operable on a Galaxy 7 Bluetooth version, which I know is untrue, but I guess that's how they try to end a call when they fail to solve a problem. My workaround for now is to use google assistant on the watch, so all I have to do is say "Hey google - find my phone."  And google rings it easily. I wouldn't have "upgraded" to the 7 from the 4 if I knew is was this buggy.

0 Likes
eoga
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Has anyone received any response from Samsung about this. I just got a watch ultra and I have the same issue, the phone is not listed in the Samsung find app and when I click the app from the watch it tells me that my watch is not fully register but it is. It is incredible that Samsung have this kind of issues.

Is even anyone from Samsung checking their own support forums?

0 Likes
Jamin88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I just got a Galaxy watch 7 and I've run into a little problem. For reference my phone is a Galaxy S10 Plus. I previously had a Galaxy watch 6 and it worked just fine with the Samsung find app. When I got the watch seven I backed up my watch six and installed it on the watch 7 and proceeded with the standard setup for the watch. Once completed the watch shows as being registered on my Samsung.com account. It connects with my phone via Bluetooth. It shows up as a device in smart things however when going to Samsung find or SmartThings find the watch 7 does not show up as a device that can be searched. My Galaxy watch 6 still shows up and still tracks up until the point that I removed it as a device signed out of the account and deleted it from my Samsung.com account because I traded it in for the watch 7. I have spent hours online with various branches of Samsung support. When I open the Find app on the watch it says that the watch has not finished registering yet please try again later but according to the Samsung techs, it shows us completely registered and valid in all of their systems. It's not a big thing but it is something I would like to fix. So far the best advice I have had came from one of the Samsung technicians who advised me to use Google locate since it works fine there. I have removed the watch deleted the watch reinstall the watch restarted the watch signed in and out of my account. If anybody has any other ideas or fixed the same issue, I would love to hear about it. Thanks. 
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try this, open the WEAR app, and find my watch. See if it gets activated that way.
0 Likes
Jamin88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
No luck. I open the wear app and see my Galaxy watch 7 listed. I click on find my watch and the only device that shows in the finding screen is my phone. No watch at all.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Try a factory reset, this will probably fix it.
0 Likes
Jamin88
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Not trying to be difficult but I did that as well, twice. And also tried registering it using serial number instead of auto register. All with same result. I literally spent 3 hours on the phone with 3 different divisions of support trying to figure this out. I have read some other people have had the same problem with their watch or also with Galaxy Earbuds. I was hoping maybe one of them had a solution. I do appreciate your suggestions and help though. Sincerely, thank you for even answering and trying.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's under personal devices. Double tabs on it, there is an option to find the device.
0 Likes
Home_in_BKK
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Smart things Personal devices1722918259535.jpg
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh man I'm having the same issue! I didn't even realize but I already thought my watch 7 was registered in on my SmartThings app. I checked today and it's not in the app and it says the same thing about registering I can't get that fixed?
0 Likes