JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Problem with Brazil Time Zone due to Summertime

(Topic created: 11-14-2019 10:52 AM)
Fernando_PK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hey Samsung, I am experiencing problems with my Galaxy Watch (46mm), sinde summertime for brazil were activated in an incorrect way. Time Zone in the Cell Phone Brazil GMT -3 Brazilia, in the Galaxy Watch 46mm, Brazil GMT -2 Brazilia. I´ve already tried all things that I´ve found in the internet, unpar, change watch faces, and the problem persist. Maybe samsung could create a patch to correct that, or we will be facing this issue until February/March 2020.

11 Replies
Fernando_PK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

And yes.. I've made  a total reset of the watch, Also unninstalling celphone app.

0 Likes
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Can I please have your full model number, baseband version, and service provider?

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
Solution
renatoghirotti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm facing the same problem and the way I've found to continue using the watch was to change the timezone of my Galaxy s10 plus from gmt-3 Brasilia to gmt-2 Fernando de Noronha. 

My Galaxy watch is SM-R800 model, with tizen version 4.0.0.4, and R800XXU1CSG4 software version.

renatoghirotti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@SamsungAdam any solution?

0 Likes
renatoghirotti
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I just updated my watch and the issue was fixed. Thanks.

0 Likes
Fernando_PK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes... SM-R800 - VERSION TIZEN 4.0.0.4 VERSION SOFT R800XXU1CSG4.. The same as the guy below...

0 Likes
Fernando_PK
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Any return on the issue @SamsungAdam?

0 Likes
userPPsCND6Ui0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the exact same problem and situation. I am a US citizen who lives in Brazil much of the year. I have a US Galaxy Watch and a Brazilian Note 8. When daylight savings day came a couple of weeks ago my watch started displaying the time an hour later than my phone - my phone time was correct. Clearly my phone software was updated correctly with the knowledge that Brazil no longer uses Daylight Savings but the US Watch software has not been updated with that information. I can't be the absolutely certain but it seems to me the problem would still be there if I had a US phone.

I have corrected the problem by switching my phone to Buenos Aires time (as Argentina has not followed DST for several years which my watch apparently understands), but by doing so I am losing out on automatic time syncing with my network, which is not an acceptable long term solution. Please, how can we get a message to the software developers of the US watch software about this issue?

0 Likes
userYZkutH3QT0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I agree. I am a South African that travels through time zones. This stuffup with Brazil's time zones must be fixed. I am in Rio de Janeiro at the moment but had to force my phone to think that it is Buenos Aires.

I have a galaxy watch

Tizen version
Software version
R800XXU1CSG4

The watch is paired to a Note 9 with all the latest firmware/software releases. 

0 Likes