Original topic:

Reauthenticate google account wont connect

(Topic created: 05-03-2023 02:37 AM)
TJM65
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

HI,

My google wallet stopped working out of the blue on my watch. I was told to uninstall and reinstall which i did - but now it doesnt appear on my watch, only my phone. When i click on google play on watch it tells me i need to reauthenticate my account-i click this-says continue on phone - which i do. Little wheel just whirls round and round on both phone and watch then stops. And nothings has changed. I have restarted both devices and cleared cache and data on play store. Any ideas before i go insane!!!!!!!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.  I can certainly understand your concern with your Google Wallet needing to reauthenticate, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. First step I would recommend would be uninstalling and re-installing Google Wallet from both devices. This will allow fresh software to be on both devices.

Once the app is removed, I would restart your phone and reset your Galaxy watch. In order to reset your Galaxy watch give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

Once the watch has been reset, I would recommend setting your watch back up and installing Google Wallet on both devices. If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to Google directly for further assistance.

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out and welcome to the community.  I can certainly understand your concern with your Google Wallet needing to reauthenticate, and I would be happy to look into this further for you. First step I would recommend would be uninstalling and re-installing Google Wallet from both devices. This will allow fresh software to be on both devices.

Once the app is removed, I would restart your phone and reset your Galaxy watch. In order to reset your Galaxy watch give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00084702/

Once the watch has been reset, I would recommend setting your watch back up and installing Google Wallet on both devices. If you have tried all the troubleshooting steps and are still experiencing these symptoms, I would recommend reaching out to Google directly for further assistance.