Original topic:

Remote connection not working

(Topic created: a month ago)
Members_G9wtBfG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
Brand new Galaxy watch ultra connected to a S24 ultra.

Number share is working but when remote connection is on and Bt is off I cant get notifications of texts or any other type.

Calls come in and can be made.

Smarthings can't locate my watch in LTE but my watch can locate my phone while in LTE.

All notifications are turned on, LTE is working.

I have trouble shooted with Verizon and Samsung and nothing.

Old watch use to work galaxy watch 5. 

6 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
With remote connection on, you have to have both devices connected to wi fi or mobile. They do not have to both be on wi fi or both on mobile, can be any combination, but must be connected as the remote connection goes through Google cloud services. This change was apparently made wirh Android 14. So, if you are one of those people who keep turning connections off to "conserve battery", stop it. Battery savings are negligible since the wi fi and data connection aren't active til they are in use. This is probably why you can't get notifications or be found.
0 Likes
Members_G9wtBfG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have not turned it off. Infact I keep it on always and my devices are always connected to cellular data or wifi. So
0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Check and make sure your watch is not in power saving mode or anything like that. I've notice that I am never able to track my watch or kids phones if the devices are in battery saving mode.
0 Likes
Members_G9wtBfG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I was able to fix the issue by deleting my Samsung account from my phone and then doing a factory reset on my Samsung phone after reinstalling all my backups I factory reseted The Watch and paired it again to my phone and now I'm able to get notifications and remote connection.

Neither Samsung nor Verizon support were any help I just figured there must have been something that was corrupted.

Thank you everyone for trying to help out!
0 Likes
85octane
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Finally found the actual solution to this issue, which is caused by Google.

You should backup watch first.

Then, delete data from Google Play Services in your phone. This will sever the connection to your watch.

Screenshot_20240823_121732_Settings.jpg

Screenshot_20240823_121749_Google Play services.jpg

Lastly, reset your watch (leave esim intact). Now everything works again!

https://xdaforums.com/t/google-cloud-sync-for-samsung-wear-os-lte-watches-solution.4494169/

0 Likes
Members_G9wtBfG
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had tried that first and it didn't not work for me, owhat solved my issue was a phone factory reset.
0 Likes