JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Galaxy 6 LTE an't make or receive calls from them in standalone mode

(Topic created: 3 weeks ago)
stas9238
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Good day, please help me. I have Samsung Galaxy 6 LTE watch, and I can't make or receive calls from them in standalone mode. However, SMS and the internet are working. How did to solve this problem?

Everything was still working before the summer, and it stopped around the summer. I only just got around to fixing this issue now.

stas9238
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I communicated with the operators for a week. They conducted many checks and said that there is no issue on their side, nor on the roaming operator's side. They say the problem is with the watch.

As for the diagnostics menu, I also cannot find it, and I don't have a menu item related to the battery.

0 Likes
stas9238
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I bought a Galaxy 24 Ultra, and now I have a diagnostics menu. I accessed it, ran an eSIM diagnostics, and it showed that everything is fine.

As I mentioned earlier, I’ve been corresponding with the operator for over a week, and they insist there are no issues on their end. They say the problem is with the device.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Corresponding? By email? You need to soeak to aive person. In any case, all things call, text and data related are the carrier's domain. They may have to reprovision your watch esim. If you have an LTE version of the watch, snd it is provisioned sn5d paired correctly with your phone's number, you should be sble to make and receive calls and texts when not connected to the phone. The problem most likely is the watch number is not properly paired with the phone's number and/or the esim is not provisioned properly. Who is your carrier?
0 Likes
stas9238
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a Ukrainian operator, Kyivstar. I'm currently in another country, so communication is only possible remotely. But in two hours, the operator will send me a new eSIM. If the previous one was damaged, then everything should work. However, I still don't understand how it could be damaged if SMS and the internet work, but only calls don't.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't think the sim was damaged, I think it was provisioned improperly.
0 Likes
stas9238
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

How should it be properly set up?

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can it do it on your own, the carrier has to properly pair your phone number and watch number. I don't know how they do it in Ukraine, but it should work the same way. Both the watch and phone get their own numbers, but the watch number is inactive and paired with the phone's number. Then any calls coming to the phone's number will come to the watch and phone, whether connected by BT or not, and you would be able to call from the watch and those calls will reflect in your phone's call list.
0 Likes
stas9238
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My operator doesn’t perform any configurations. They simply provide a QR code, and that’s it.

0 Likes
Solution
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, in order for a watch to work in conjunction and independenly of the phone, the numbers have to be paired. You might now be better iff in a help forum for your global area, as this is u.s. support site.
0 Likes
stas9238
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Could you tell me if I’m linking the eSIM incorrectly? I go into the Galaxy Wearable app, select mobile operators, and it offers me to choose either SIM 1 or SIM 2 for linking. But the issue is that these are two separate SIM cards, not related to the one I want to link to the watch. Maybe I'm doing something wrong?
Or do I need to link the eSIM to the phone first, and then simply select it and scan the QR code again?

0 Likes