JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung Gear S is the best smart watch ever, except it does NOT work ....

(Topic created: 09-11-2021 05:33 PM)
SManz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

....with any phone other than a Samsung phone.

I have waited for about 5 years to finally get myself a used Gear S at a fairly high price, however I am extremely disappointed to find that it does NOT pair with Samsung Wearable app, unless the app is on a Samsung phone (my phone is a pricey Google Pixel 4XL, so its not like I bought a droid phone from the Dollar Store).

My question is if anyone here knows of a workaround. (and yes I already know that Gear S will pair with a non-samsung phone Bluetooth and this way you get some functionality out of it, but my question is specifically related to connecting it through the "Wearable App", running on a non-samsung phone).

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I understand how disappointing this is. Thank you for reaching out. Regrettably, the Gear S is not supported on non-Samsung Android devices. The first watch to support Android 5.0 and above is the Galaxy Watch 42mm and 44mm. I apologize for the inconvenience. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082502/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

I don't know what you mean by "connecting via Bluetooth and not via the Wearable app". I have a Google Pixel 4 connected to a Galaxy Watch. I connect it in the Wearable app using Bluetooth. There is no other way!

(I think that a Samsung phone would make the watch more integrated by synchronizing alarms and such but I wouldn't want that.) Perhaps the Gear S is not as compatible as the GW.

0 Likes
SManz
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Dude, did you read my post?:-)

I said my "Samsung Galaxy "S" watch" not samsung galaxy watch.

My galaxy watch (46mm) already connects to Wearables app on my pixel 4xl. It is my Galaxy "S" that does not.

0 Likes
Solution
SamsungRei
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, I understand how disappointing this is. Thank you for reaching out. Regrettably, the Gear S is not supported on non-Samsung Android devices. The first watch to support Android 5.0 and above is the Galaxy Watch 42mm and 44mm. I apologize for the inconvenience. https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082502/

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.