Original topic:

Samsung Pay watch plug in involuntary reset

(Topic created: Sunday)
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Samsung Pay watch plug in was just fine yesterday.  All my cards were in and worked, as they have for the past 2 years.  This morning, I went to pay for something using my watch and found that somehow the watch plug in had been reset and all my cards deleted--had to pull out the phone and pay that way.  Not having to do that was the reason #2 why I bought the watch in the first place.

I fixed it, and added all my cards back, but I don't know why it happened at all.  Nothing else on my watch or phone was amiss, and an app reset is not the kind of thing that happens by accident.  There were no updates, no sudden failure of the watch -- everything was normal and working fine.

Anyone have any ideas as to what happened?

11 Replies
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Like all tech in our lives, stuff happens !

Lol, I hate when these things happen.
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Having to reconfigure Samsung Pay is the #1 to the nth degree why doing a watch re-set is my absolute last resort for any troubleshooting. If I only had one card, not a big deal.  

I just don't understand why that app, and only that app, reset itself. I thought it might have something to do with the bank, but not all the cards are from the same bank, and I would think if it was bank-centric, my cards would have been wiped from the phone app wallet, as well.

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Beats me!
0 Likes
NickNima
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
The same issue happened to me just today on my Samsung pass. S24ultra
0 Likes
realaud
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hmm. I just checked my Samsung account, and I see my watch has been moved to "inactive devices". I don't know why, as I am constantly wearing it and logged into both Google & Samsung and it still backs up every night, but I wonder if that could be why Samsung Pay reset.  It says last logged in yesterday at 1:32 p.m., which was AFTER I discovered my cards gone and the app reset.  

If I try to remove it from inactive devices I get this message, "To sync your info and use some apps, you'll need to sign in again."  I'm afraid if I do that, I'll have to once again set up Samsung Pay, so maybe I should just leave it alone if everything else is working fine.

0 Likes
Vispen74
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My pay app on the Watch 4, has been resetted several times last two weeks, have to manually put back the credit cards every time. Annoying. Have been using Google pay on the Watch for a couple of years, maybe have to change back. I changed to Samsung pay since Google pay are quit slow on the Watch. 

0 Likes
Art10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
After recent update to Pay on Galaxy Watch 4, all cards I had set up have been removed. They need to be manually activated again. 

Is this w glitch or do we need to be avoiding updates on the watch until all cards are in hand to be activated again ? 

Anybody else?
0 Likes
SammyNerd83
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No, every time there is an update to that app on my watch, I have to re-add all of the cards manually. As a result I no longer use Samsung pay on my watch. I use Google pay primarily on both my watch and phone, and Samsung pay as a backup for cards that do not work with Google pay.
0 Likes
Art10
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the confirmation. I think I'll look into Google pay. Although not a huge fan of Google but I may try.