Original topic:

Samsung says EMPTY BOX returned - then finds proof item returned

(Topic created: Friday)
Chop Chop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update - Samsung incompetency continues

I spoke with a supervisor who sent me the photos showing both watches were in fact returned. After countless reps told me they were not. So once again she puts in for an escalation return. Guess what they told me? "We regret to inform you that the refund request has been denied as we have checked and found that we received an empty box as per the return triage video, so we are unable to fulfill your request." Seriously?!?! You can see the white watch in the photo and you can also see the box with the black watch wasn't even opened and still has the seal in tact. 

So the multiple hours I have spent trying to get my money back from Samsung have really made me rethink the many years of being a loyal customer. 

original post....samsung 2 watch return.jpg

This is unacceptable how much I am reading this happens!

I received an email stating no refund as the box I returned was empty when Samsung received it. I contacted Samsung twice via chat and the reps told me they would escalate it and I would have an answer within 24-48 hours. Well Samsung once again told me the box was empty. 

Today I contacted them on chat again and was told the same thing. Shortly after chat was ended I received sorry no refund we did not receive the devices.

So I tried calling Samsung. After speaking to more than 10 different reps & supervisors they kept on telling me they had to escalate it because the box was empty. I insisted there was either theft at Samsung or at Fedex. They asked me if I filed a claim with Fedex. I said no, Samsung provided the label so they should do the investigating. Then about rep 10 told me they only received one of the two watches I sent, but since I bought on a buy one get one offer there was no refund for 1 watch. I asked for a supervisor again and was told they cant do anything else for me if they transfer me to a supervisor. I was then disconnected. Call again get a supervisor who says I have to deal with fedex. Called again and was transferred to a different supervisor and this person said she looked at the photos and video and both watches were in the box when Samsung opened it!!!!! Wait...I spoke to more than 10 people stating when the box was opened it was empty and now you are telling me you have photos and videos of both watches in the box?!?! Yes. Can you email me them? Yes. The rep sent me the photos and the video of the return.  This is unbelievable! So many people at Samsung told me the box was empty and my items were not sent back. How is it all of a sudden they have proof confirming what I told them all along? Are they trying to steal from their loyal customers who don't fight this? 

This is horrible customer service!

10 Replies
meself
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sounds like a mess if headaches to me hope they will fix the returns issue
0 Likes
Chop Chop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Even after Samsung sent me photos of the returned watches they are still denying I returned them!

0 Likes
Dlpsr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
Been there. My watch 4 I sent in was said to be empty, and in my case they sent a picture with the accusation.

The picture clearly showed the same shipping box I sent with safety tape still intact. The inspectors hands are holdings holding the box for a pic. Didn't even open the box.

Claim was they weigh them. How they do that with different size boxes and packing. Unknown.

Anyhow, one chat got my trade in value. Since then, trading with any outfit has bothered me. I get my Samsung phones from Fi and think they use a similar sketchy outfit for trades.šŸ¤” So I hold on as long as possible.
0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
You should post the pictures they sent you!

This has happened to me twice, a watch recently and an S22U last year.

Ever since Assurant purchased HylaMobile, it is an all too frequent occurrence. Samsung and Carriers both use this shady company. I used to think it was Fedex, no. I spoke directly to both FedEx employees and upper management, they use a financial incentive to stop this. They reward those who rat on their coworker's with hefty bounties.

It is that warehouse in Texas!
4REAL4
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
The way you protect your yourself and your return is to TAKE MULITPLE PICTURES OF YOUR RETURN!
Take pictures from all angles and both sides.
Take a close-up photo of your IMEI number on the back of your phone.
Take pictures of the phone ON.
Take pictures of the camera ON.
Take pictures showing that a factory data reset was done by photograghing the welcome screen.
Take pictues of you placing the phone in a box, placing the phone, preferably, in it's original box, wrapped in packing material, or at least the phone itself in packing material.
Take pictures of you placing the Samsung return label in the box, sealing the box, taping the shipping label to the outside of the box.
Take pictures of you placing the box on the counter at the shipper's location.
Take pictures of the shipper taking possession of the box and a close up of your receipt's tracking number.
And, lastly, call Samsung customer service and ask them to send you a link that you can attach to up10 pictures to and send them to them.
They will confirm over the phone their receipt of the pictures.
This is the best way to confirm that you didn't send an empty box.
0 Likes
Chop Chop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

They finally emailed me pictures of my return and it shows both watches. Escalated refund again to only have Samsung say they received an empty box!

0 Likes
JTulio
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's a glitch with their robotic systems that detect if the item sent in is in good condition and correct, if u call they check fhe images via human while onnthen phone and send u copy's and correct any error, they said my 22 ultra had a cracked screen I called the number on the automated email and an agent showed me pics and corrected it jn thr system that thr screen was not cracked.
0 Likes
Chop Chop
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

They checked photos and confirmed they were sent and still denying refund

0 Likes
Robin621k
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Watch
Is this the photo Samsung Customer Care sent you of the watches?
0 Likes