JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Sudden Battery Drain Active2

(Topic created: 09-12-2021 07:20 AM)
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Active2 suddenly started rapidly draining battery on 9/7/21. Until now, I would have more than 60% available at the end of the day; now it's down to 0 by mid-afternoon even though fully charged in the morning. I'm not sure whether it's related to a recent update, battery is failing, or what.

I'd like to know if others are suddenly having the same issue, so I avoid replacing the battery or watch needlessly. I may try a factory reset since that's been suggested in other places for battery drain.

4 Replies
userbm6MxKSlWz
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Active 2 watch is still under warranty, it also drain quickly, now the repair team says it has liquid damage (water damage) and will not turn on now.  Samsung team wants me to pay for repairs, even though it has warranty, so disappointed 

0 Likes
Solution
Cuchulainn
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
It is hard to say for sure with your issue, but I don't think your battery should be impacted to that degree just from age. I had an issue last month with mine where it was literally going from 100% charged to flat dead in about 15 minutes. I backed it up, did a factory reset and a restore and it seems to be working well since. I believe an app was stuck in a loop or something running it down. But in my case it was an obvious issue. Still, doing a reset and restore may be worth a try to see if you get better battery life again.
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks. I will try the reset.
0 Likes
KathyinCA
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Resetting did solve the problem.