JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Suddenly getting very high battery drain on Watch3

(Topic created: 12-19-2021 11:37 AM)
cmg1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Galaxy Watch3 LTE. I received an update four days ago (R845USQU1CUK3) and since then my battery has been draining very rapidly, more than 1% every 5 minutes. Prior to the update my battery life was very good, and the rate of drain was just a fraction of that.

I have already tried a hard reset and restore, but there was no improvement. If I look at battery usage in the Wear app and add up everything I see it's a much smaller number than the actual battery drain. So whatever is happening isn't in what's being tracked there. It also isn't a problem with the battery since it happened very suddenly.

I see people discussing similar issues in the last few days on Watch4… there was some speculation that it could be a server-side issue at Samsung. That seems farfetched to me, but I think it's the only explanation for Watch3 and Watch4 having the same issue. Unless it's just a coincidence.

Update: I think my problem may have been with the Analog Dashboard watch face rather than the OS. I switched to a different watch face this morning and it seems to be back to normal battery drain (down 7% in 3 hours).

Yet another update: After a few days I went back to the Analog Dashboard watch face and now the battery life seems to be better than ever, thereby negating the whole point of this thread. But it does make me wonder… is it normal after a software update for the watch to have several days of extreme battery depletion before returning to normal? I've noticed this on both phones and watches before, but only for a very short time.

4 Replies
user751201tmO21
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hmmm. I also have a Watch3, but I'm on CUK2... I just checked for update - responds that it's current.

No battery issue here, but I'll keep a lookout for CUK3 and report back after the update.
0 Likes
ArtDesk
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm on W3 and after reading your post not updating any time soon.
0 Likes
cmg1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update: I think my problem may have been with the Analog Dashboard watch face rather than the OS. I switched to a different watch face this morning and it seems to be back to normal battery drain (down 7% in 3 hours).

0 Likes
Solution
cmg1
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yet another update: After a few days I went back to the Analog Dashboard watch face and now the battery life seems to be better than ever, thereby negating the whole point of this thread. But it does make me wonder… is it normal after a software update for the watch to have several days of extreme battery depletion before returning to normal? I've noticed this on both phones and watches before, but only for a very short time.