JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

The "disconnected from phone" buzz

(Topic created: 02-28-2022 05:23 PM)
AryasGhost
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
This drives me nuts because if I set my phone in my living room,  then walk around my kitchen, my watch is constantly buzzing at me because I'm walking just slightly in and out of Bluetooth range.  

I can't find a way to turn this notification off. Any advice? 
10 Replies
Boss28
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
U have to stay in range
0 Likes
AryasGhost
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
That's horrible. We should be able to walk away from our phones.
0 Likes
mdavidf
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Go into Sounds and Vibration and turn off System Vibration... this will still allow other vibrations on your watch but will stop vibrating when disconnected.
0 Likes
AryasGhost
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
It didn't work 😭
Solution
mdavidf
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
On the Watch:

Settings-->Connections-->Scroll down and click on Disconnection Alerts-->Choose None
AryasGhost
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you! Never would have checked there.
mdavidf
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Sorry, I misread your original post. Tithing that off should save some battery, too, depending on how often your watch was disconnecting.
AryasGhost
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, that's one reason I wanted to turn it off was to save battery. Thanks again!
KerbyDrive
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I had the phone disconnect notification turned off (as discussed in this thread) on my Galaxy Watch 4 (LTE, 44mm). But in the last couple of weeks the watch has started notifying me whenever it disconnects. I've flipped notifications on and off again, hoping to fix this. But it doesn't change the behavior.

Also, those notifications don't appear in the history of notifications I can see on the phone. So it's possible that these aren't only from phone disconnects. But I can reproduce this by turning bluetooth on the phone off. So I know that's at least 1 of the sources of these.