Original topic:

Transfer a screenshot from tha watch to my phone

(Topic created: Sunday)
CamFlyerCH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I own a Watch 4 Classic and screenshots are transfered to my phone instanntly after I take one. But if my phone is not reachable (during sports) the screenshots are only available on the watch. I could not find a way to transfer them later to the phone. 
I found this description: https://www.samsung.com/sg/support/mobile-devices/how-can-i-take-a-screenshot-on-my-galaxy-watch/ 
But if I long-press a picture in the gallery app, I can only delete it or use it as a watchface background:
Screenshot_20240714_202754_watch.png

So how I can transfer the missing screenshots to my phone ?

9 Replies
Mac-18
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
What if you manually sync the watch when you get home?
0 Likes
CamFlyerCH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have no clue how to do that. What is the procedure ?
I only found options to sync pictures from the phone to the watch. And I see no point of doing that. 
I activated back and this is also active. But this does not transfers any pictures to the Watch gallery.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I got it. There's a setting in the wear app to sync albums. Go to wear app/watch settings/manage content and then slide auto sync albums on. Also, I mentioned to you earlier, that you can remote access your phone as long as both of them are connected either to a mobile network or wi-fi. They do not have to be on the same network or they don't have to be both on Wi-Fi one can be on mobile data and the other could be on Wi-Fi and it doesn't matter what distance you are from your phone as long as they are both connected. But, the auto sync should work as well. Tapping the option before you go to the slider will allow you to choose which albums you want to sync so if you only want to sync the watch album you could choose that.
0 Likes
CamFlyerCH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

NO , this is not what I want. Wrong direction !

I don't need the pictures from my phone on the watch. I want the screenshots I took with/on the watch, that where not synced from the watch, to the phone  !(because the phone was far way when I took the screenshot) 

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ok my bad apparently syncing the albums if you delete it from one it deletes it from the other which is not what you want at all sorry I just thought it was a solution. But that happens anyway once you delete the picture from the watch it also gets deleted from your phone regardless whether the albums of synced. Of course they may then get saved in Google photos so you'll still have them
0 Likes
CamFlyerCH
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Since the Gallery app on the phone is not able anymore to send "old" screenshots by command to the phone, I was looking for a workarround:

1. Open the screenshot you are missing on the phone on the watch.
  2. Take a screenshot from the screen (screenshot of the screenshot)
  3. If you did that while watch and phone are connected, the screenshot should be transfered to the phones "Watch" album.

This works with no loss (I can't see any degradation) since the screenshots are stored in lossless PNG format.

0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Actually, I've been playing around. Well if you put the phone on auto sync the albums the two albums will sync with each other but you have to turn auto sync off before you delete any pictures from The watch and then the pictures will stay on your phone. Of course, they'll keep transferring back and forth every time you turn sync back on unless you then transfer the pictures on the phone to an external device. It is kind of weird that they won't automatically transfer over when you reconnect to your phone, they should have that feature.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Just spitballing here. Maybe the best way to have it transfer is when you get home take a screenshot of the screenshot.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I'm just curious, what are you screen shotting on the watch? The workout stats? Don't they appear in rhe health app?
0 Likes