JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to Activate as Standalone Device Sprint/Tmobile

(Topic created: 10-29-2021 05:29 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
After 2.5 weeks of owning 3 Galaxy 4 watches, my carrier has started numerous times this watch are not standalone devices even though all three are LTE. Two are 46mm Classic and one 40mm.

They have stated I must have a service plan on each device to basically use a BT version only but the watches will not work if I leave the phone at home or if the phone is out of range in my home as a standalone. 

I need help and any insight to this or your issues/resolutions with this carrier are much appreciated. I feel as though my hard earned money is being wasted and I'm stuck with a 24 month plan on each phone at this point. 

The carrier stated the only standalone devices from Samsung that they have are the Active 2 and the Galaxy 3. The Galaxy 4 wouldn't be one with the standalone service that I have bought from them. . 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your device doesn't pair for carrier standalone LTE feature. Samsung has Bluetooth and LTE compatible smart watches! The LTE version can receive calls and messages without being connected to a phone. However, you'll first need to activate service for your watch through the same carrier as your mobile phone. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon all offer plans for the LTE versions of the different Galaxy Watch models, including the Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch 3, and Galaxy Watch Active series. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082122/

Another feature you can discuss with your carrier is the digits plan from T-Mobile: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/get-started-with-digits. This will allow you to keep the same phone number for your watch and phone.

If the Standalone features of your watch are not working, you will need to follow up with your carrier directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

View solution in context

25 Replies
madness497
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
With checking the about device you see an imei correct
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's the LTE version on all three. (BT, wifi and LTE)
0 Likes
kwaidoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi!
I spent 3 days with the same problem with my 46 Classic.
I finally discovered that T-Mobile (not my phone carrier) has a $5/month standalone wearable plan for .5GB data and unlimited calls & texts.
The only problem is if someone calls my phone it is not transferred to the watch (like ATT Numbersync) unless in BT mode. Texts do forward though.
Activation is by QR code on their web site which agents didn't know.
Hope this helps.
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've got an unlimited plan which is like $18 per line x3 on my watches. This should be the same type of plan but they don't have a QR code. Who did you talk to in order to get it to work? All the agents via phone have been no help.
Right now, from what they said today the system isn't setup to make any of the Galaxy 4 watches stand-alone. I have 3 numbers assigned to mine also but zero data or connectivity on the Tmobile connection. Only wifi from my home or BT will send texts, calls, emails over.
0 Likes
kwaidoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Hi!
I originally used the customer service chat line who set me up with the "TMO Wearable 500 plan" for $10 less $5 for autopay. I was advised to contact customer service by phone to activate:
You recently spoke with our Mobile Expert Jaret at 1-800-T-Mobile.
I had to find the QR code myself and scanned it on my phone (Z Fold 3) and it activated fine. I told the agent they should advise all their personnel about the activation process.
The Esim activation process and QR code is at
https://www.t-mobile.com/support/devices/t-mobile-esim
Hope this works for you 😉
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thank you so much for this info. It's like the left hand doesn't tell the right how to do things.

I will certainly use this info tomorrow whenever I call them. I'll certainly come back here and let you know how it goes.

Huge thank you!!!!! 😊😊🤗🤗
Solution
SamsungAdam
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I can certainly understand how frustrating it can be when your device doesn't pair for carrier standalone LTE feature. Samsung has Bluetooth and LTE compatible smart watches! The LTE version can receive calls and messages without being connected to a phone. However, you'll first need to activate service for your watch through the same carrier as your mobile phone. AT&T, T-Mobile, and Verizon all offer plans for the LTE versions of the different Galaxy Watch models, including the Galaxy Watch4, Galaxy Watch 3, and Galaxy Watch Active series. Give this link a try: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082122/

Another feature you can discuss with your carrier is the digits plan from T-Mobile: https://www.t-mobile.com/support/plans-features/get-started-with-digits. This will allow you to keep the same phone number for your watch and phone.

If the Standalone features of your watch are not working, you will need to follow up with your carrier directly. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

Options
Galaxy Watch
Good reply but this is not working with Sprint/Tmobile.

THEY ARE ABSOLUTELY TELLING US THAT YOUR WATCH DOES NOT WORK ON THEIR SYSTEM DUE TO THE SOFTWARE. Even told me to thank Samsung for the issues of no connectivity through their company.

This remains unresolved to this date.
kwaidoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Happy to help ☺