JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to Activate as Standalone Device Sprint/Tmobile

(Topic created: 11-04-2021 01:10 PM)
Options
Galaxy Watch
After 2.5 weeks of owning 3 Galaxy 4 watches, my carrier has started numerous times this watch are not standalone devices even though all three are LTE. Two are 46mm Classic and one 40mm.

They have stated I must have a service plan on each device to basically use a BT version only but the watches will not work if I leave the phone at home or if the phone is out of range in my home as a standalone. 

I need help and any insight to this or your issues/resolutions with this carrier are much appreciated. I feel as though my hard earned money is being wasted and I'm stuck with a 24 month plan on each phone at this point. 

The carrier stated the only standalone devices from Samsung that they have are the Active 2 and the Galaxy 3. The Galaxy 4 wouldn't be one with the standalone service that I have bought from them. . 
25 Replies
kwaidoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
Maybe just try scanning the QR code on the phone Samsung Wearable app as if it was already setup correctly to see what happens
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Didn't work.
0 Likes
kwaidoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
What happens when you open the "Galaxy Wearables" app and scan the TMobile QR code?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
No resolution to date on connectivity to their network. The watches are LTE but running only as Bluetooth devices as I'm paying for service and not getting getting it.

Absolutely no resolution.
0 Likes
kwaidoi
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
🤨
Did they assign phone numbers to the watches?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
Of course they did. Even charging me for three plans that their company cannot provide service for.