JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to submit warranty claim due to CostCo 2 year warranty and device not showing in Samsung account

(Topic created: 07-30-2024 09:56 AM)
E-Bell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I bought my Galaxy Watch 5 at CostCo in September of 2022, where I understood the warranty to be 2 years - 1 year from Samsung and then an additional 1 year arranged by CostCo because they're cool like that.

Well, wouldn't you know it - I've got a couple of issues that I'd like to get resolved - my screen has gone white and the speaker on the phone makes no sound.  

So I go to the Samsung site to make a claim and they seem to know that yeah, I'm still under warranty!  See the screenshot below:

EBell_0-1722356861368.png

But when I go to the "File a claim" link, the watch is not listed as one of the items I own.  Therefore, I cannot proceed with the claim process.  In my communications with the warranty folks, they can't seem to confirm that I do indeed own this watch (despite me supplying them with all the identifying information).  And now they've gone radio silent.

CostCo says I need to make all warranty claims through Samsung, despite the extended warranty being through CostCo.

So what do I do?  Just write off the purchase of a Samsung product as a bad decision and take my money elsewhere?  Or continue to waste time trying to get someone to acknowledge that my watch is still under the warranty period (although I suspect they will find some other way to avoid paying out under the warranty)?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out E-Bell. I am sorry to hear you are unable to file a claim and would be happy to assist you further. Can you please send a private message to on of our moderators using the following link: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Please provide us with the following information: 

Full name:

Complete physical address:

Best Contact phone number:

Alternate phone number:(If Available)

Email address:

Model number:

Serial number/IMEI:

View solution in context

0 Likes
10 Replies
G87M2
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I would say go higher up in the chain, supervisor
Laybal
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No, never give in and let them win. Keep pushing, they legally have to take it under warranty.
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
When you purchased your watch, did you register it with Samsung? When it is not a phone, you have to manually register a device. As is the case with any product you purchase to activate a warranty.

Case in point, I recently purchased Samsung buds 3pro from Samsung,I had to manually register them as I did with my watch.
E-Bell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

@Robin621k , I can't remember, but according to my screenshot above I must have.  That said, the warranty site doesn't seem to have a record of it.

That's kind of my first hurdle with these people.  If they don't accept that I registered it, my battle is that much more difficult.

0 Likes
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Oh man it's strange. I just checked my Samsung account and my Watch 5 Pro does not show up under registered devices. Buy when I check the Samsung Members app, the watch does show in my devices. I also don't see my Buds2 Pro under my devices either that I purchased directly from Samsung. I used the wearable app to set up and figured it would have automatically add these to my devices as it's tied to my Samsung account.
TonyTypeS
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I double checked again and it seems like I'm also seeing different results with registered devices when on a computer using the web vs using my phone and checking the Samsung account, vs Samsung members app.

But it looks like you can still register your device using a computer by visiting Samsungs website. After you registered the watch you can add a picture of the receipt and submit it for warranty. It's a lot of steps to register and verify warranty which in my opinion should have been easier.
meself
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Log into your Samsung account on the site and goto devices it should show there if you registered it after purchase as for the warranty you would need to see what the company is listed fir Costco or what they have for filing claim it could be same company i.e extended Samsung or another company
E-Bell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you all for the replies and suggestions.  According to the main Samsung site, the watch is registered and under warranty.  When I attempt to re-register, it tells me it's already registered. 

The "file a claim" link takes you to another site, however, and that is where the problem lies.  That site has no record of my device.

0 Likes
E-Bell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Well that's interesting.  Now that I've been making noise about this issue, Samsung has removed my watch from my account (as well as an old Galaxy phone that I no longer use).  Now when I go to "My Page and Products" it says "You have no registered products."

Good thing I took a screen shot before then.

WHAT IS GOING ON?!

0 Likes