JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Unable to submit warranty claim due to CostCo 2 year warranty and device not showing in Samsung account

(Topic created: 07-30-2024 09:56 AM)
E-Bell
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

So I bought my Galaxy Watch 5 at CostCo in September of 2022, where I understood the warranty to be 2 years - 1 year from Samsung and then an additional 1 year arranged by CostCo because they're cool like that.

Well, wouldn't you know it - I've got a couple of issues that I'd like to get resolved - my screen has gone white and the speaker on the phone makes no sound.  

So I go to the Samsung site to make a claim and they seem to know that yeah, I'm still under warranty!  See the screenshot below:

EBell_0-1722356861368.png

But when I go to the "File a claim" link, the watch is not listed as one of the items I own.  Therefore, I cannot proceed with the claim process.  In my communications with the warranty folks, they can't seem to confirm that I do indeed own this watch (despite me supplying them with all the identifying information).  And now they've gone radio silent.

CostCo says I need to make all warranty claims through Samsung, despite the extended warranty being through CostCo.

So what do I do?  Just write off the purchase of a Samsung product as a bad decision and take my money elsewhere?  Or continue to waste time trying to get someone to acknowledge that my watch is still under the warranty period (although I suspect they will find some other way to avoid paying out under the warranty)?

0 Likes
JUMP TO SOLUTION
10 Replies
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out E-Bell. I am sorry to hear you are unable to file a claim and would be happy to assist you further. Can you please send a private message to on of our moderators using the following link: https://bit.ly/3fbRevo

Please provide us with the following information: 

Full name:

Complete physical address:

Best Contact phone number:

Alternate phone number:(If Available)

Email address:

Model number:

Serial number/IMEI:

0 Likes