JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Using outlook via LTE and no phone

(Topic created: 09-18-2021 01:29 PM)
Members_i138hqB
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

My main motivation for buying the new watch 4 would be to get my email and texts without having my phone with me (just direct via LTE).  I can’t find anywhere that directly says this is possible.  I really want to use Outlook stand alone.  Can anyone answer if this is doable?

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

We can't say when a feature will appear on a device. The only thing we can do is suggest that you download the next software update. Maybe then the feature you're looking for will be available.  We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.

View solution in context

2 Replies
userXN0eF6UKdM
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

For the moment it's not doable for 2 reasons. First, Outlook on the GW4 does not serve as a full Email client, but just show the most recent messages. So, you can't manage your communications fully. Maybe an email client will come out which lets you manage them fully, but right now I don't know of one. Then there's the LTE battery life. Many people, myself included, experience severely shortened battery life while using the LTE stand-alone. I'm talking about losing one percent of battery every 2-3 minutes. So, you'd run out within a few hours and then would need 2 hours to charge. Hopefully Samsung can do something to reduce this drain, but until/if they do, for your purposes, it's probably a no go.

0 Likes
Solution
MrQue
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

We can't say when a feature will appear on a device. The only thing we can do is suggest that you download the next software update. Maybe then the feature you're looking for will be available.  We appreciate your feedback and will tag it on the forum so that it will appear with other feedback, ideas, and requests. This will allow your post to be more easily found in the event that Samsung product groups are seeking outside feedback/requests/ideas regarding our products.