JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Voice Recorder speech to text - copy text?

(Topic created: 03-04-2022 02:22 PM)
usermCX9wvH6ZB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a new Galaxy Watch4 and I'm still deciding whether to keep or not. It's not nearly as "smart" as I had hoped, but I'm a "tool user", not a "toy user".

It has an app called Voice Recorder with the added option of converting speech to text, but I can't see any way to access that text in a way that I could copy/paste. If you can't access the text that way, I don't see the point in having the function. If all you need is the recall, you can just play back the audio.

What am I missing?

3 Replies
Options
Galaxy Watch

At least on the (original) Galaxy Watch (tizen) the Voice Recorder copies the text file (and the mp4 file) to my phone. I don't know if the folder can be changed but they are in sounds\gear.

0 Likes
Solution
tom2055
Supernova
Options
Galaxy Watch
Voice recordings taken on the watch are copied to the voice recorder app on ur phone look there
usermCX9wvH6ZB
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you! Voice Recorder wasn't preinstalled on my S21 so I never even thought of that. I installed it and after making a test recording I found the recordings from my Watch4. I can now copy/paste that text into another app.

And a shout-out to  for mentioning the storage location. In my S21, they store the recordings from the Android version of Voice Recorder in Internal Storage>Recordings>Voice Recorder, and the recordings from the watch are in Internal Storage>Recordings>Sounds>Watch.

Thank you both!

0 Likes