Original topic:

Watch 5 vs Watch 6?

(Topic created: 4 weeks ago)
Dlpsr
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

I could pick one up with 5 trade for $80.

Why should I? I get one day+- battery life with the 5. I don't use it for exercise, just health monitoring. 

And as per, very close to deceptive Samsung web pages, neither the 5 or 6 does blood pressure, without hacking, in the USA.

I know its the FDA approval, so do something about it. BP was the primary reason I bought 4, then 5 now 6 is available and soon 7. No BP yet. 
5 Replies
maird
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch
My first was a Watch6 Classic so I have nothing to compare. Mine doesn't have BP and I was hoping for it enabled but not interested in a hack. The big screen on the Watch6 Classic I've read is brighter than on other Galaxy Watches and the few mm extra probably makes things like the lock screen pin easier to input. I understand the battery and/or efficiency are better on the 6 models but I have to say that the two, or maybe 3 days I get from my 6 Classic seems bad compared to other brands but I do like the integration with my Galaxy phone and tablets over another brand even if I'd charge weekly. But you aren't asking about a 6 Classic, I will say that I drool a bit thinking about a Watch6 Classic trade-in price on the idea of some kind of Watch7 Ultra model...if such a thing appears. Though I'm still not expecting BP monitoring and even if it was close I'd bet illegal for anyone to say so. Ergo, keeping up-to-date using the trade-ins is just me mortgaging my Galaxy Watch at least until I get all the features I want (health includes BP is the only one for now). No criticism of Samsung there, that process has just got to do what does. I'll be patient and probably mortgage my Galaxy Watch forward for now.
PghLei
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the 5 lte and only wore it a few times because of the battery. I didn't get the LTE service because the battery died without it. I traded my 5 for the 6 lte and the battery at first was great but for some reason my battery draining fast. I turned off EVERYTHING and only use it for calls. I liked my rose gold 5 better as far as looks... With that being said, if your 5 is working for you, keep it. Oh, and I had the standard 5 lte and the 6 lte, not the classics.
Ethy
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
I upgraded to the 6 Classic from the 4 Classic. I'm glad I did. Battery life is one of the big improvements. I can get almost 3 days of use out of the 6C. As far as the BP hack, it is very worth it. I did it on both watches, and it is quite easy as well as helpful.
0 Likes
RonC2
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
Samsung apparently hasn't applied for FDA approval. This can be approved in a matter of days.
0 Likes
lizbeth3373
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Can't see Blood Pressure button on Galaxy Watch 6 Health Monitor...only see ECG. Is blood pressure monitoring not available on Galaxy Watch 6????
0 Likes