Original topic:

What's the best way to fixs water damage on my galixy watch active (first gen)

(Topic created: Friday)
Rosemv777
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a galixy watch active. It sucks on its water resistants. My first one i used in a lake, made sure the water resistant feature was on before I jumped in. When i got out, i realized it's not gonna turn back on. I let it dry, leaving it on an air conditioner. After a few days it rusted. 

Yesterday, my second watch (same model), stopped working after a water balloon fight. I made sure,  once again, that the water resistant feature was on. Now the screen won't turn on (like the last watch) but it still vibrates. Letting me know of calls and messages. Tho I can't check them on the watch. 

I figured there might be a way to salvage it. If so, how? Any advise, tips, etc would be greatly appreciated. If not...then sucks to suck. 

3 Replies
4REAL4
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
You mean, 'Galaxy' watch?
Members_CV9Ysvw
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Good late
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

It appears that both watches may have had defective seals.  I've been swimming daily for 4 years, first with the Watch 2 and now with the Watch 4 and never had any problem with the water resistance.

Also, the water lock does not turn on the water resistance feature, it is there to keep the screen from turning on and off from the action in the water, therefore saving the battery life.  Turning off water lock ejects any small amount of water that might have gotten into the speaker. 

Unfortunately, once your watch sustains water damage there is no real way to fix it other than dry it out thoroughly before you charge it or turn it on again. Even then, there's no guarantee the inside workings weren't damaged. I would say have it checked out at a repair center, but it would probably be cheaper to purchase a new watch with what it would cost to replace the inner components.

I have seen complaints that Samsung is denying warranty coverage on water damage, even though it is their defect that causes the resistance to fail and, thus, causes the water damage to the watch. I guess they feel there is no way to prove it wasn't something the user did to damage the resistance and, sadly, no way to prove it was a manufacturing defect.

0 Likes