JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch 6 Classic Medical apps functions

(Topic created: 08-07-2023 06:56 PM)
Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch

I understand that the Body Composition Analysis app works by sending an electric pulse into the body & measures by electric impedance… I cannot use that app as I have a pacemaker…

I would like to know what other medically oriented apps work via electric impedance; rather than light. 

Typically, pulse-ox meters that measure the amount of oxygen in the blood work via light concentrated on the finger… does Watch 6 Classic's pulse-ox app work via light?

Which method: light, or electric impedance does the Watch 6 Classic use to implement the Heart Rate, Blood Pressure, Sleep Monitor & any other medical features?
JUMP TO SOLUTION
Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks. Good point! I can call pacemaker manufacturers to qualify that. But since pacemaker is directly connected to my heart (I was sedated, but awake during implant & the doc explained "now the wire inserted thru femoral will be placed in your heart…" that is nothing to be anything less than careful about, esp since the PM's manufacturer's manual said not to get electrolysis, & other potentially damaging activities… I do appreciate your help & input!
Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for that insight-giving detail! Samsung's site says no User Manual is yet available, so what do you recommend, besides coming here w/helpful members & maybe YT? I know it hasn't shipped to stores yet, so its early, but having a computer networking admin & instructor bkgd, I love having tech details & documentation! 😁
Options
Galaxy Watch
Well, I'm basing it on the Galaxy watch 5 (classic), because that's the one I have and main
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello and thank you for reaching out. After further research it appears that our watches do send micro current through the body using the BioActive sensors to get data for Heart Rate, Electrical Heart Signal, and Bioelectrical Impedance analysis (BIA). We recommend checking with your doctor regarding use of the watch, as you mentioned having a pacemaker. They will be able to direct you in the safest/best practices to utilize the watch and provide additional details based on your specific situation.

Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
P.S. I saw online that Snoring monitoring requires leaving your phone on… is this true? Thanks in advance, again!
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, it uses both your watch mic and your phone mic to get more accurate results (somehow)
Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Thanks for the replies Gabe!
0 Likes
Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
What about exercise tracking?
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
The only time electricity is used is when it tells you it's using it, and it only works on those that require a finger on the power and/or back button.
0 Likes
Varzil
Explorer
Options
Galaxy Watch
Good to know, but since I wear a pacemaker, I have a legitemedical need to know IN advance BEFORE it tells me it is using it! I'm sure u understand! The part about 'only works on those that require a finger on the power and/or back button.

In the same vein, are there any medical-related apps that send electric pulses automatically? I saw on Watch 5 that Body Composition Analysis is activated by 'drilling down thru a # of menu choices & that wouldn't occur by accident or any default… that P.M. device I'm wearing has a wire right into the heart… so I'm sure you understand my sounding a bit obsessed about this! Appreciate your help!
0 Likes