Original topic:

Watch 7 Ultra - Flashlight too Dim

(Topic created: 08-04-2024 12:15 AM)
linuxguy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
TL;DR: Samsung - please make the flashlight ignore sleep mode brightness limit

I set the quick action button on the Watch Ultra to launch the flashlight. It's surprisingly bright, and actually pretty convenient to light my way due to its position on my wrist. For a quick trip across the house in the middle of the night it's almost perfect.

The problem is that I have a Sleep Mode configured in Modes & Routines. I don't want to accidentally trigger things by touching the watch at night. It also limits the brightness, which is a good thing to have. Unfortunately, it limits the brightness of the flashlight too, which makes the flashlight completely useless. It's too dim to light anything.

So if I want to use the flashlight if I get up in the middle of the night, I need to turn off sleep mode, turn on the flashlight, use it, turn off the flashlight, turn on sleep mode, and go back to sleep. Which I'm not going to do. So instead I just walk in the dark, ultimately defeating the purpose of making the flashlight something I can quickly launch.
4 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
I don't know, I just tested my watch flashlight in sleep mode and it's just as bright as in normal mode. You do know you can tap the screen to adjust brightness, but it usually activates at max brightness. Of course, I don't have the watch 7, but I can't imagine they eould have changed that for that model.
0 Likes
linuxguy
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yep. In normal mode I tap to change brightness, or drag my finger around the edge of the screen to change the brightness. In sleep mode I can do neither. Tapping doesn't change the brightness at all (BUT it still pretends to. So I have to tap three times to get it to start flashing). Dragging the finger does nothing

So it sounds like there's actually a bug I'm experiencing, not a missing feature
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
You can put in an error report. I hear there's an update coming for the watch 7 to address some issues. Maybe that will help.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

In the meantime, may I suggest a series of night lights along your path?

0 Likes