Original topic:

Watch Double Pinch Trouble

(Topic created: Monday)
The_Chief
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I used my Galaxy S24 Ultra on a tripod to video an awards celebration over the weekend. Sitting 20 feet away from the tripod was me, at our table - I used Galaxy Watch Ultra camera controller to start/stop recording.

Works great!

Well, except for the awards part: the part where there's plenty of applause. Guess what clapping my hands did to the camera?

Yep: my watch kept assuming all that clapping was really a lot of pinching! I can't tell you how many times I had to glance at my watch to see if the video was recording or not... people probably looked at me thinking, "how rude! He keeps staring at his watch, hoping to get out of here soon!"

Just know that it's a great technology... but you, as the camera operator, can't clap your hands.

0 Likes
1 Reply
AlexWhales
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thatā€™s a funny but relatable experience! The Galaxy Watch Ultraā€™s camera controller is super convenient, but it seems like applause can unintentionally trigger those pinch gestures. Maybe Samsung could add a feature to lock controls during recording to prevent this from happening. Thanks for the heads-upā€”definitely something to keep in mind for any future events!