JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WearOS 6/Galaxy Watch 7 LTE/Ultra Connectivity

(Topic created: 07-21-2024 05:06 PM)
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

As has been previously stated in this forum, there is an issue with several carriers and their provided services with watches using WearOS 5 and earlier. My Galaxy Watch 6 Classic LTE is not capable of texting without an active Bluetooth connection to my phone while using Google Fi's shared phone number cellular service.

I am wondering if this limitation has been resolved in WearOS 6 and/or on the new Galaxy watches, 7 and Ultra. 
I am hoping that Samsung responds to this question and provides an answer one way or the other. If no resolution is available, I am hoping an explanation is provided explaining the cause of the issue. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Welcome and thank you for being part of the Community. We understand how frustrating it is to not be able to connect to the LTE service on your watch.

This link provides steps for setting up your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078020/

This link provides steps to activate the LTE services, and some links to troubleshooting activation errors: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082122/

If these steps do not work, you will need to work with your service provider to activate the watch on LTE services.

View solution in context

0 Likes
16 Replies
Kpr0521
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I'm unable to connect my Watch Ultra to the At&t network. Anyone else having this issue?

Ulyses
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes, I originally tried to myself through the app for Verizon and it failed. I called Verizon and they couldn't either. I contacted Samsung and they said to give it a few days, it will take all carriers data base updated. 🤦🏻‍:male_sign:1721853882507.jpg
DizELohng6
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I had the same problem, so I canceled my line with Verizon. Will wait a bit
0 Likes
Options
Galaxy Watch
I have Verizon wireless no problems at all took them 2 minutes and not only that Verizon is running a promotion it's called bring your own device in other words if you bought it from Samsung or Best buy they give you $160 credit on your bill spread out over 36 years so my data is free for 3 years and I love it works great on the watch
0 Likes
FuturesFalcon
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
No problem with Tmobile
0 Likes
JMill
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch
You got your watch ultracto activate, no issues whatsoever?
I'm on a old grandfathered wearable lone from 2017 and they can't get my ultra to activate. I had a 5 pro, and it had a dedicated number; but I'm told that wasn't to be the Cass.
Any idea?
0 Likes
GPup
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi, I have the same problem, and my account goes back to 2005, looking forward for any update on how to add my GWU to AT&T. 

0 Likes
Members_YQIlNh0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have AT&T First Net and cannot connect. I have been on the phone for several days back and forth with AT&T and Samung. This is the first that AT&T says they have heard of the issue. Saumsung keeps transfering me back and forth from Tech Support to eCommerce. eCommerce tried to process a return through "Buyers" remorse" saying they would refund me, but could not send out a new watch. I would ahve to completely reorder a new watch and they would "try" and find the original Samsung Galaxy Watch 6 Classic I sent in, then send it back and then try and order a new watch. All of this because they do have a computer "button" yet to issue a replacement. I even had one technician one the phone that had to do a website serach to verify that the GWU was even a Samsung product.  Why call Samsung support of they don't know what products they even have?  Why release a product of it cannot connect to service providers? I don't normally complain, but this is some of the worst service I have exxperienced from technical support ever in trying to diagnose an issue. They have zero answers.

0 Likes
Members_YQIlNh0
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Update, I have spooken with Samsung customer service and they have verfiied that the IMEI number is good and has been released to AT&T and is unlocked, but Samsung says they refuse to replace the watch. I am now stuck with a brand new Samsung Galaxy Watch Ultra that is stuck in always on mode for LTE service, with no LTE service and option to replace it. What is going on Samsung?

0 Likes