JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

WearOS 6/Galaxy Watch 7 LTE/Ultra Connectivity

(Topic created: 08-06-2024 10:19 AM)
neilth
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch

As has been previously stated in this forum, there is an issue with several carriers and their provided services with watches using WearOS 5 and earlier. My Galaxy Watch 6 Classic LTE is not capable of texting without an active Bluetooth connection to my phone while using Google Fi's shared phone number cellular service.

I am wondering if this limitation has been resolved in WearOS 6 and/or on the new Galaxy watches, 7 and Ultra. 
I am hoping that Samsung responds to this question and provides an answer one way or the other. If no resolution is available, I am hoping an explanation is provided explaining the cause of the issue. 
16 Replies
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I can't seem to find eligible service for my watch 7 they're not connecting smartwatches is what I'm being told when I inquire about a plan on my watch. Anybody know where I can get service for my watch?
Robin621k
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Who is your provider?
0 Likes
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Verizon but I also tried others to switch but apparently my device isn't ESIM compatible
0 Likes
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
my IMEI was recognized that same evening was gonna get standalone service from Verizon but decided against when I realized there's was activation fee of 35 instead I got data from tello to try it out for 5 1 GB I'll upgrade my plan in a few days now that I know it works!
0 Likes
Monieca
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
I checked with Verizon and T-Mobile T-Mobile told me it wasn't ESIM compatible Verizon said nothing showing up on my IMEI a few hours later they both recognized my device model and type. I guess it was a update issue with IMEI s from samsung
0 Likes
bill-e
Cosmic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

My Ultra has been working on Verizon since I got it on the 22nd.  Setup was as simple as following the Watch prompts when pairing it with my new Fold 6.  I didn't need anything from Verizon customer service, I just transferred the plan from my Watch Classic to the Ultra. 

** If my response helps, please click on Like (Heart). If I resolved your issue also please click on Accept as a Solution so that others can benefit.

Bill
---
Galaxy Fold 6 512g(VZW), Galaxy Book (original, VZW), Tab S8 Ultra, Tab S4, Galaxy Watch7Ultra(VZW),Galaxy Watch6Classic 47mm(VZW), M8 Smart Monitor, NEO 55" QN90D TV, Buds Pro
0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello, Welcome and thank you for being part of the Community. We understand how frustrating it is to not be able to connect to the LTE service on your watch.

This link provides steps for setting up your watch: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00078020/

This link provides steps to activate the LTE services, and some links to troubleshooting activation errors: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00082122/

If these steps do not work, you will need to work with your service provider to activate the watch on LTE services.

0 Likes