JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Watch no longer accepts voice input

(Topic created: 10-30-2023 02:15 PM)
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I've had this watch for a couple of years but now, suddenly, it won't do any voice typing. 
 This is the message I get. This watch used to do both voice typing and writing input but after re-setting the typing input, it seems that the voice input suddenly stopped. 

As far as I know, this watch does have it's own connection and is connected to my new S23 phone. What network is this message talking about? 😠🤔

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
shorttiee
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch
YAY!!! but no I didn't do anything. I woke up with a notification on my phone saying my watch updated but that was it 😆 thank goodness I don't need to purchase a new one! I hope you enjoy your day

View solution in context

51 Replies
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Are you using the native Samsung Keyboard or Gboard?
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
On the Watch? Native Samsung keyboard.
On the phone, GBoard just as I had with the old phone that worked.
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
If you install Gboard on the watch and enable it, does the voice input option work? Just trying to narrow down if this issue is impacting all apps, or only Samsung Keyboard.
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
I didn't know that GBoard was available for the watch. Also, I thought that out was considered too "old" . Never had GBoard installed on this watch before.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yep! As it turns out, I don't like Samsung Keyboard on the watch either lol. I've always used Gboard since it's been available. Let me know if it is working, and if you happen to like it better than the native keyboard.
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Can't find it for my watch.
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
It's definitely available. Which watch do you have?
Screenshot_20231030_164101_Google Play Store.jpg
0 Likes
CatGymnPaint
Comet
Options
Galaxy Watch
Where did you find it?
I have the Galaxy Active 2 which runs on Tizen OS (sp?)
0 Likes
VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Watch
Ah I see. Sorry about the confusion. Gboard won't be available for Tizen OS. In this case, I recommend factory resetting and restoring the watch.
0 Likes