Original topic:

Watch trade-in eligibility

(Topic created: yesterday)
Members_v6Wnaeg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Will my watch trade-in have any issues if it doesn't have the serial number, model number, display size, etc. printed on the back (generic backplate)? I just noticed this on the (originally bought used) Galaxy Watch 4 Classic I'm planning to trade in.

0 Likes
16 Replies
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hi! Does it say anything at all? Do you mind posting a picture of it?

0 Likes
Members_v6Wnaeg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Sure. The truncated model number shows up in settings as SM-R890, which is as expected for a 46mm Galaxy Watch 4 Classic Wifi/Bluetooth. I can see the serial in "About Phone" as expected. When I connected the watch to my Samsung account, it confirmed the full model number as SM-R890NZKAXAA, which is the US model.

1000124134.jpg

ā€ƒ

1000124135.jpg

ā€ƒ

0 Likes
bellam035
Galaxy
Options
Galaxy Watch

It looks like whoever haad the watch before you might have broken the back plate and replaced it with one they bought off of the internet. This might make it difficult for the trade-in.

0 Likes
Members_v6Wnaeg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks. I figured as much, but wanted a second opinion.

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
@Members_v6Wnaeg The back of your watch looks no different than the back of my GW 4. There is no model number, nor serial number on the back.
You should be great for trade-in.
Members_v6Wnaeg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thanks for confirming it's not just mine. Did you trade-in your GW4, and was it recently, if so?

0 Likes
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch
Still have my GW4.
0 Likes
MrXGeekX
Halo
Options
Galaxy Watch
Trading in your Galaxy Watch 4 Classic without the original serial number, model number, and other details printed on the back may cause issues, as these identifiers are typically required for verification. To avoid problems, contact the trade-in program's support team to explain the situation, provide any proof of purchase or documentation, and review the trade-in terms and conditions to understand specific requirements. Clarifying these details can help ensure a smoother trade-in process.
Members_v6Wnaeg
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

That makes sense. Since I originally bought it on eBay, documentation with serial numbers are limited to packing receipt. Would you be able to share how to get in touch with the trade-in program's support team?

0 Likes