Original topic:

Watch5 LTE: how to limit calls and text to only contacts?

(Topic created: 03-13-2024 03:37 PM)
Sam261
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have a LTE Watch 5 that's used mostly as a standalone LTE device.  I want to limit phone calls and text messages to the watch from only select group of phone numbers.  How do I prevent spam calls and text from ringing through on the watch?  I can't use the block feature obviously.  I just need to white-list numbers that are allowed to ring/text to the watch.

2 Replies
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
At least on the phone there is a do not disturb function and you can explicitly choose to receive(make the device notify you) calls and messages from contacts only. Others can still call but your phone wouldn't notify/ring. Maybe the watch can have similar options in settings.

0 Likes
neilth
Sun
Options
Galaxy Watch
On your phone, configure Do Not Disturb to only accept calls and messages from favorite contacts. Then, in the Contacts app, select as favorites those who you want to receive calls and messages from. You will then have to create a mode on your phone, which turns on Do Not Disturb, DND. Then in the Wear app on your phone in Watch Settings>Modes, turn on Sync modes with phone, which should copy your new mode, restricting calls and messages from favorites only, to your watch.