Original topic:

Wearable app is stuck on loading screen or crashes with Galaxy Watches

(Topic created: 01-02-2024 03:25 PM)
Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Hello everyone,

I'm sharing this post with the hope that it becomes easily accessible to anyone encountering the same issue that many of us have faced in the past two days.

Issue:

Since January 1st, 2024, numerous users have reported encountering problems with the Wear app. The issues range from instant crashes upon launch to getting stuck on the loading screen with spinning dots when attempting to connect with a smartwatch.

Causes:

The exact cause is unknown; it seemingly occurred spontaneously. Some users mentioned receiving an update prior to the problem, while others, including myself, did not have any updates. It does appear to be related to a date change, as it started affecting users on January 1st.

Solutions: 

1. An unconventional but effective workaround, as reported by other users (@realaud and @lil-oz, thank you!), involves setting the date manually to December 31. This reportedly allows the app to launch, after which the date can be reverted to the correct one, and the app should continue working. Although I haven't personally tested this method, it might be worth trying as it could be a quicker resolution. If that doesn't work, then...

2. I'll provide a step-by-step solution in the next post. Essentially, based on collaborative efforts in these forums, another reliable option currently is to start fresh with your wearable setup. This involves a complete removal of wearable-related apps and a reset of your watch. Don't worry, though – you can easily restore everything from backup later, and the whole process should take less than 10 minutes.

Continue to the next post for a detailed solution...

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ❤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution"

JUMP TO SOLUTION
23 Replies
pdougmc
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same here.  I purchased a Pixel 2 as a replacement, but I still want my Watch5 working since it is better than the Pixel Watch 2 IMHO.

0 Likes
Arthur
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I uninstalled everything Samsung related, then I installed the Galaxy watch plugin, then Galaxy wearable and that fixed everything. My watch went from bricked to fully functional.

0 Likes
Nil D
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Watch

I did not pay all this money to be messing around with rebooting the watch, the App, and anything else related. This is a Samsung issue and it needs to be fixed ASAP!!! At present my watch is useless and doesn't work. I knew I should have gone for the pixel 2 watch. Samsung should be ashamed, a company of This size, seriously can't fix the app. I bet my mortgage on it they haven't even bothered to look at it!!!! I will never but anything from Samsung again. Just hurry up and fix the bloody App!!!!

X_Y
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

In the event people are still looking at this post (2/12/2024), none of the suggested solutions have helped me so far. And I will not reset my watch because my watch is my alarm in the morning and I can't lose it currently.

I guess the wait continues.

0 Likes