Original topic:

Weather complication doesn't update on Galaxy Watch 7

(Topic created: 08-02-2024 04:55 AM)
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Galaxy Watch 7 for a week and the weather complication never updates unless I manually refresh the weather in the weather app on my watch. I never had this issue on my Galaxy Watch 6 so this must be a new bug with One UI 6. 

If it helps I have location permission set to always on for both the weather app on my watch and my wearable app on my phone. I have automatic refreshing set to every hour. I'm using this watch with a Google Pixel 8 so I wonder if this bug is only with non Galaxy phones as it doesn't seem widely reported. 

landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

So simply downloading Google Weather and giving it location permission fixes Samsung Weather even though it also has location permission and is an entirely different app?

0 Likes
sgar75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

No, i am using now just Google Weather app instead with the location and background permissions. Apparently the Ultra Info Board face doesn't update anything in background if AOD is enabled.

0 Likes
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

So it's not really a fix to the issue at all.  

I don't use the AOD and nothing Samsung Weather ever updates unless you do it manually.

0 Likes
sgar75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

It's not an official fix, that depends on Samsung however as i said before if you are not using AOD and configure the weather complication with Google app all updates without issues 

0 Likes
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Right, so it's not a fix to the issue I am describing, just that you can use Google Weather as the complication and it will give you updated weather for the time being.

0 Likes
sgar75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Correct 

0 Likes
skunkle88
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

How do we actually report this issue to Samsung so the bug can be fixed?

landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have no idea, maybe keep posting things on here as I know Samsung does look at items posted on here.

bblakely14
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue using a Pixel 8 with Galaxy watch

userYWbXlcoeXk
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have the same issue with the pixel 8 and it's really annoying, because I use the weather more than anything. Samsung hurry up and fix your problem.