Original topic:

Weather complication doesn't update on Galaxy Watch 7

(Topic created: 07-29-2024 05:48 AM)
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I've had my Galaxy Watch 7 for a week and the weather complication never updates unless I manually refresh the weather in the weather app on my watch. I never had this issue on my Galaxy Watch 6 so this must be a new bug with One UI 6. 

If it helps I have location permission set to always on for both the weather app on my watch and my wearable app on my phone. I have automatic refreshing set to every hour. I'm using this watch with a Google Pixel 8 so I wonder if this bug is only with non Galaxy phones as it doesn't seem widely reported. 

21 Replies
sgar75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here, i have contacted support but they were not that helpful, could be issue with non Samsung phones because i have pixel 6a..

landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes, I believe the issue only impacts those who don't use Samsung phones as my friend with the same watch and a Galaxy S23 Ultra doesn't have this issue.  It looks like if you have a Galaxy phone it just updates the weather directly from your phone but with a non-Samsung phone you have to set the manual refresh times in the watch app itself however they don't work.

It's strange because I used my Galaxy Watch 4 and 6 with a Pixel and never had this be an issue. 

0 Likes
user_ezdyuikj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Since I don't have access to your environment, I can only provide general guidance based on my existing knowledge.
It seems like the location permission is not set to allow at all times.
So here's what I suggest:

1. Go to 'Settings> Apps> Watch7PlugIn' on your mobile device.
2. Select 'Permissions>Location', then choose 'Allow all the time'.

I hope this help resolve the issue for you.

landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

I have already done this and this is not the issue. My location updates just fine. The issue is that the weather app itself doesn't refresh with updated weather despite me having the app settings set to refresh automatically every hour. I have also tried every 3 hours and it doesn't work either. The problem is not location, which updates fine when I manually refresh the weather data itself.

illetyus
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

Turn off Battery optimization for

Galaxy Wearable
Galaxy Watch 7 Plug-in

Samsung Health...

Also Samsung related everything should be programmed to "Auto Start"

No issues with S23 Ultra because they can talk.

0 Likes
landale
Cosmic Ray
Options
Galaxy Watch

This doesn't impact those with Samsung phones as the weather refresh is done differently if you own a Samsung phone instead of a non-Samsung phone.  Unfortunately since this is a watch level issue and not a phone level issue the settings on your phone do not matter for this although I already have those off anyway.

If you have a Samsung phone then you don't get an option to set the frequency the weather updates as it automatically syncs from your Samsung Weather app on your phone.  Since non-Samsung phones cannot use Samsung weather the refresh is done on the watch itself and you manually select in the Weather app's settings how frequent you want it to check.  The problem is none of them work so the weather never automatically refreshes.  

sgar75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

i have just updated the watch with the new fix for the battery and i can confirm the issue still there, so i guess i will return back to the shop...

0 Likes
Members_N9xiuGY
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Same issue here, using a Watch 7 Ultra with a One Plus Open. Weather app/complication will not auto refresh. Only updates when I manually go into the app.

sgar75
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Watch

Ok i have an update, basically i have downloaded the Google weather app from the store and allowed as always the permissions for location from the watch and background activity from the wearable phone app and now seams updating regularly. Only one issue still is when AOD enabled my timer complication on the Ultra info board face intermittently appears and disappeares...

0 Likes