Original topic:

Why can't I tell my watch when I'm about to sleep?

(Topic created: 08-17-2024 04:46 PM)
user9RpOGh41EE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
I am the recent purchaser of a new Galaxy watch 6
It does a fine job of monitoring my sleep at night. However, I typically have to split my sleep into two sessions. I generally get 5 hours at night, and another hour in the afternoon. Only once or twice has my watch actually given me credit for the afternoon naps. I don't understand why I can't simply tell my watch that I'm about to take a nap -- It can then go ahead and detect when I actually doze off. What is so difficult about letting me tell the watch I'm about to nap? As an ex-developer, I struggle with feature omissions that seem so simple. I must be ignoring the obvious! 

Another question simply might be why the watch was successful at recording my naps twice, but has missed the other 200 naps! I recently have had a virus, and have slept multiple times throughout a 24-hour period with long extended naps. None were picked up.
0 Likes
3 Replies
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch
Have you tried putting the app in sleep mode at nap time?
user9RpOGh41EE
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch
Yes. It just dims the brightness, etc.
There is no provision for tracking sleep outside the designated window. It's a shame.
I'm here so that I can suggest that they add the ability to manually start a period of sleep detection.
0 Likes
realaud
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Watch

You can actually set you sleep schedule, but even with the one I set all my sleep, midday naps, etc. are logged. It even logs me as sleeping if I am just very relaxed and watching TV (which annoys the heck out of me), so I have to go into the app and delete that segment. Anyway, go to the health app, go to the sleep section, tap the menu dots and click on set target. This will open the clock. Click on the numbers to set your bedtime and wake time. This sets the parameters for the app to analyze your sleep patterns and give you those stupid badges if you met your target.

Screenshot_20240828_122201_Samsung Health.jpg

0 Likes