JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Will Galaxy Watch 4 and S22 Ultra work on different carriers

(Topic created: 07-28-2023 06:29 PM)
userlx9AKXpndd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

If my S22 Ultra is one carrier, lets call it V, and the Galaxy Watch is on a different carrier, let's call it TM, can I get my phone calls, text messages and other normal watch to phone features to function on my  Galaxy Watch?  Is there a specific configuration required for the two to work together with the two carriers?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I certainly understand the importance of having our devices provide us with up to date call, text , and other normal phone to watch features. However please know that if you have two different carriers, you are unable to use the number sync features between the watch as phone as they are carrier specific. If you were to have a phone on one line with one carrier and the watch on a line with the other carrier, the phone numbers would be different as they are different carrier based lines. For more information on number syncing between watches and phones, I would recommend reaching out to the carriers directly.

View solution in context

4 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Watch

Yes when you enable Call & Text on other devices from your S22 Ultra, you can turn on both options and it will use the number and plan from the phone. All devices need to be signed into the same Samsung Account and calls can only be made on the same Wi-Fi network. 

0 Likes
userlx9AKXpndd
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Watch

Does this mean that if the carriers are different for the S22 Ultra and the Galaxy Watch, the watch cell line will not allow me to receive calls, texts, etc. on the watch?

0 Likes
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Watch

Thank you for reaching out. I certainly understand the importance of having our devices provide us with up to date call, text , and other normal phone to watch features. However please know that if you have two different carriers, you are unable to use the number sync features between the watch as phone as they are carrier specific. If you were to have a phone on one line with one carrier and the watch on a line with the other carrier, the phone numbers would be different as they are different carrier based lines. For more information on number syncing between watches and phones, I would recommend reaching out to the carriers directly.

KiwiBird97
Red Giant
Options
Galaxy Watch
For the US market, if your Galaxy Watch or Tab is a Wi-Fi variant, it will work with international Galaxy phones too (since the Wi-Fi variant has CSC codes that cover most of the world instead of just a single region).
(You can't pair a Wi-Fi Galaxy Tab or Watch sold outside of mainland China with a phone sold in mainland China, however. The CSC codes don't line up, that's why.)
0 Likes