JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Galaxy Z Flip 3 mic issues: voice is distorted and there is only static

(Topic created: 05-09-2022 01:45 PM)
userR2mNedjL8C
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Whenever I want to make a call or record any voice note or video micriphone is distorted and there's no voice...only static noise

17 Replies
Who_Dis
Neutron Star
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

since this is happening in variety of apps, and not just one app... this is likely a hardware issue.

Did you shoot pressurized air into the mic holes or the speaker grills trying to clean dust? if so, don't do that in the future. the pressurized air can damage the membrane of the mic and cause mic to fail or distort.

visit an authorized repair center to have the mic part checked and replaced. if it's not a hardware issue then submit error report to Samsung Members after reproducing the issue. 

hope this helped.

0 Likes
Members_tQ7E4kj
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I'm having the same issue and I see a good deal of others reporting as well on Reddit.  Looks like a design flaw, not the user "shooting air into the microphone holes."

0 Likes
Members_ZtlWX6N
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I am having the same issue, this needs to be addressed 

0 Likes
usertMPrkvwBoV
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

im having same problem, but in some apps like call voice not happen, only whatsapp and voice recorder apps, flex mode not work at all and i suppose is last firmware update cause this problem.....

0 Likes
usergees8MaxDf
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

same issues here please fix ASAP 

Shawn_Bell
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I'm having the same issue and the potential fix is sending the phone in for service. The problem is that this is my work and personal phone so I cannot afford to not have a phone. This is terrible and I've only had this phone for 5 months. No one is making this easy and to think I took a chance by switching to Android from an iPhone. What a joke
0 Likes
mariita919
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
So I'm having so many issues and I'm tired. This is my 3 phone and it's messed up. Tmobile said the phone is on back order and I need a working phone. Please help, I'm loosing business! 
Charkatak
Honored Contributor
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Depends what the issue is. Maybe it isn't a phone problem.

0 Likes
mariita919
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It is... I already spoke with tech support.. but I can't get a phone because they are on back order. First two phone my screen lifted and now you can't hear me. The mic is messed up and it's the phone
0 Likes