Original topic:

Keyboard not staying on theme

(Topic created: 08-30-2023 03:27 PM)
mermaid_89
Halo
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Help!!
I have had the z flip 4 5g phone for year now. With the recent software updates the keyboard goes to default and doesn't stay in theme chosen. I've tried to reset settings and turning off the phone and turning it on. I don't have any other keyboards downloaded on this phone. How do I keep my keyboard from going into default mode?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

We are sorry to hear the steps have not helped. We recommend submitting an error report immediately after the theme changes to provide the information to the developers. This link provides more information for submitting the reports. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

View solution in context

0 Likes
24 Replies
Soojinyi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I'm having the same issue. Samsung has to fix it. 😞
iAMaBUG
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I am having the same problem with my zflip4 😕 I am so frustrated. It changes the keyboard when closing the phone. If I keep my phone open it won't change to the default one. Which is super annoying that's the whole point of the phone.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hello, Welcome to the Community. We understand the frustration of the keyboard not maintaining the theme settings.

Have you tried resetting the keyboard? Settings>General Management>Samsung Keyboard settings>Reset to default settings

We also have a thread here: https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/Galaxy-S23/Make-it-so-we-can-theme-keyboard-in-dark-mode/m-p/254...

The thread includes information for using themes in Dark Mode, as well as using Keys Café or Themepark to customize the keyboard.

Please let us know if this helps.

Soojinyi
Asteroid
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I tried the steps and it did not work. This happened after the latest software update. It's annoying.
userKggIGTPbkM
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
This does not help. Other users are reporting the same problem with no solution. Why does the keyboard revert back after opening and closing the phone? What are you doing to fix it?
user34m3CKViov
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Same issue
yep8
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Having the same issue no suggested fixes work
Guess we're stuck with boring keyboards
LadiiLovee
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Same here and it's really frustrating 😒
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

We are sorry to hear the steps have not helped. We recommend submitting an error report immediately after the theme changes to provide the information to the developers. This link provides more information for submitting the reports. https://www.samsung.com/ae/support/mobile-devices/raising-an-error-report-via-samsung-members-app/

0 Likes