Original topic:

Samsungs New Z Flip 5

(Topic created: 07-26-2023 08:06 AM)
GaryB82
Epic Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

galaxy-z-flip5-B5-B2B-Processor-In-page-D.jpg

The Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is the latest foldable smartphone from Samsung. It was announced today July 26, 2023, and is scheduled to be released in August 2023.

The Z Flip 5 has a number of improvements over its predecessor, the Galaxy Z Flip 3. These include a larger cover screen, a more durable hinge, and a faster processor. The cover screen is now 3.4 inches, up from 1.9 inches on the Z Flip 3. This makes it easier to see notifications and use widgets without having to open the phone. The hinge is also more durable, thanks to a new design that uses more metal. This should make the phone more resistant to wear and tear.

The Z Flip 5 is powered by the Snapdragon 8 Gen 2 processor, which is the latest and greatest from Qualcomm. This should provide a significant performance boost over the Snapdragon 888 processor in the Z Flip 3. The Z Flip 5 also has 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage.

Other features of the Z Flip 5 include a 6.7-inch AMOLED display with a 120Hz refresh rate, a 12MP rear camera, and a 10MP front camera. The phone also has a 3700mAh battery, which should provide decent battery life.

The Z Flip 5 is available in three colors: Exclusive colors only at Samsung.com Gray, Blue, Green, Yellow and the following colors are Available at Carriers - Graphite, Lavender, Cream, Mint. It is priced starting at $999.99 for the 256GB and 999.99 for the 512GB including a free storage Upgrade basic price was 1119.99.

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is a significant improvement over its predecessor. It has a larger cover screen, a more durable hinge, a faster processor, and a more stylish design. If you're looking for a foldable smartphone that's both stylish and powerful, the Z Flip 5 is a great option.

Here are some pros and cons of the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5:

Pros:

• Larger cover screen
  • More durable hinge
  • Faster processor
  • Stylish design
  • Long battery life
  • IPX8 water resistant (up to 1.5m for 30 min)

Cons:

• Expensive
  • No expandable storage

Overall, the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip 5 is a great foldable smartphone. It has a number of improvements over its predecessor, and it's a stylish and powerful device. However, it is expensive, and it doesn't have expandable storage.

If you've found my post to be helpful, Please like the post.
If my response resolved your issue, please press the Like and āœ“ to Accept as Solution button.
107 Replies
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

While Unpacked was live in Seoul, Korea, it was still quite the experience all the way here in New York City as well. I have the honor of using the Galaxy Z Flip5 and this first day I was instantly hooked by the brand new 3.4" cover screen. Using the new Flex Window camera feature, makes it a lot more fun when taking photos and videos hands free or with an easy grip without ever having to unfold the device. 

All day long I spend holding on the Galaxy Z Flip5 because I wanted to be sure I was ready to take a shot at any moment I had the chance. Throughout the day I was having fun taking shots using Flex Window and even got the chance to take some shots with some very interesting people. Some familiar faces you may recognize here. All of these photos were taken using the Flex Window camera feature on the Galaxy Z Flip5.20230726_115957.jpg

20230726_115948.jpg

20230726_120133.jpg

20230726_120136.jpg

20230726_215216.jpg

20230726_215653.jpg

IMG_20230726_140119_040.jpg

IMG_20230726_141707_530.jpg

IMG_20230726_202731_678.jpg

VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@KnightRiderRalph Awesome pictures! I had a really great time walking around the streets of Seoul late at night with the Flip 5. I recorded a bunch of videos and took tons of pictures with the phone in Flex mode. 

nvsusa
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

What type of control does it have on closed screen during the call? Like mute/unmute/ add another call/ hold.... The same as on open? thank you 

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@nvsusa If I'm not mistaken, the outer screen should offer the same functionality as the inner screen in regard to the options available during a call. 

userfCCiNLWS1i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I'm thinking about getting a flip or fold but not sure if I should trade in my s21 ultra. thoughts?

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@userfCCiNLWS1i Honestly I think the new Flip 5 and Fold 5 are both a joy to use. If you want a multitasking powerhouse, I would go with the Fold. If you want something more comparable to a "normal" bar phone experience, with amazing selfie potential, I would go with the Flip. Using the larger outer display on the Flip was fun and easy to become accustomed to. Now is one of the best times to upgrade, because the foldables are becoming comparable the new S series flagships in terms of specifications. šŸ˜ƒ

userfCCiNLWS1i
Constellation
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

I am worried about the durbaility of the folding screen I dont want to have to replace every 6 months like Ive been hearing other people doing.

VerbumVeritum
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@userfCCiNLWS1i I understand the concern, because it was one of mine as well. While I can't personally attest to the longevity or durability of the folding screens, Samsung has learned and improved significantly over their prior generations of foldables. It's important to keep in mind that the inner displays are not the same material that most people have become used to in typical smartphones, so it's unwise to be "rough" with the device while the screen is open.

Geno71
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

@userfCCiNLWS1i 

I can't speak for everyone, but personally, I've used 2 Folds (3 and 4) for about a year each, and had no issues with anything breaking, and never felt like it was any less durable than a regular bar phone.

Don't forget to give this post a Like by clicking on the ā¤ icon below. 
And if it answered your question, please click on "Accept as Solution" ā¬‡