JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Wi-Fi Toggles off and continuously asks for PIN

(Topic created: 08-13-2023 02:21 PM)
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Even though I have 1 gigabit wifi, and I have a Routine to keep my phone unlocked when connected to wifi ... my phone continuously asks for PIN because wifi has turned off. ... I toggle back on and a little later it repeats.

Any help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Glad you found it! Please do update if your problem is resolved. Btw, I don't mind all the questions, it's my pleasure to help people in the Community with their device problems/inquiries. 🤖 

Solution(s):

Go to Settings>Connections>Wi-Fi>top three dots>Advanced settings>Wi-Fi on/off history. Does this screen any more informative? Change performance profile to normal or optimized.

When you open Modes & Routines, do you see anything (a mode or routine) what would be causing this automation?

You can see if something is turning off Wi-Fi/changing settings automatically for some reason. You can find out what it is by installing the RegiStar app in Samsung's Good Lock app. Find Settings change history.  

View solution in context

6 Replies
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Will try... Thanks
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Any comments?1691963814983_1691963814975_0.jpg
0 Likes
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
That I know of, I only have Eye Comfort Shield from 7pm-7am... I don't have power saving ... My performance profile is Light
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
See below

I'll change performance profile.Screenshot_20230813_182235_Settings.jpgScreenshot_20230813_182241_Settings.jpg
0 Likes
TheRev
Comet
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I don't recall setting this up. Although I should never have one bar... I have 1 gigabit broadband [pretty consistent] ... I'm going to delete this routine and monitor.

I appreciate your help with this and other posts. This is my first Flip. I'll probably be back.1691966775097_1691966775088_0.jpg
Solution
VerbumVeritum
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Glad you found it! Please do update if your problem is resolved. Btw, I don't mind all the questions, it's my pleasure to help people in the Community with their device problems/inquiries. 🤖 

Solution(s):

Go to Settings>Connections>Wi-Fi>top three dots>Advanced settings>Wi-Fi on/off history. Does this screen any more informative? Change performance profile to normal or optimized.

When you open Modes & Routines, do you see anything (a mode or routine) what would be causing this automation?

You can see if something is turning off Wi-Fi/changing settings automatically for some reason. You can find out what it is by installing the RegiStar app in Samsung's Good Lock app. Find Settings change history.