JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

ZFlip5, Google Assistant won't automatically go away on the cover screen.

(Topic created: 09-20-2023 04:18 PM)
Earale
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
I've tried installing and uninstalling the google and google asstant apps multiple times (in fact, assistant now looks different on the cover screen than it once did, but I'm not sure if that's just a design update I missed) if I use any command whole the phone is closed, the black screen with google assistant's "Hi, how can 1 help? Flip open for more." Will remain there until I dismiss it manually. No amount of time dismisses this screen automatically. If I use assistant to start a phone call, I will not see the call screen until I dismiss it. If the call ends and I don't dismiss it, it will remain that screen without turning off until I do. 10 minutes is the longest time I've observed, I don't doubt that it'd do it for much longer given the opportunity.
9 Replies
randi9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Hi,
I love how we can interact with google assistant when our phone is closed. But when we are speaking and when the assistant is answering our query, the cover screen is just blocked entirely by the words:
"Hi, how can I help? Flip open for more"

It would be great if it could show answers like when we unflip the phone. Is there any setting or can this be implemented?
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

If you have swipe gestures enabled swipe left or right on the cover screen and you'll see the results of the Google Assistant after you speak. 

0 Likes
randi9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Thanks for replying so fast. But I don't have swipe gestures enabled. Only fingerprint.

See photo attached of what I meantIMG_2589_1000028355_1695253414.jpg
Solution
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

In your Display settings, if you go to navigation bar you can enable swipe gestures  and if you click more options you can enable swipe from sides and bottom. It may take a little time to get used to but it can solve this issue on the cover screen. 

randi9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
Oooooowh that swipe gesture. Yes I do have it on. AND YOUR SUGGESTION WORKS! Thank you so much
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

You're welcome. Glad to have helped.

0 Likes
randi9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
But I still believe that it is a bug that they could fix. So that we don't need to swipe left or right to go back. We can't even press the X (cross) button.

Either google or samsung. Is this not a platform to report such bugs or errors?
KnightRiderRalph
Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
Galaxy Z Flip

Hopefully someone can see this issue and it can be passed on so it can be addressed. It is quite annoying. However, if you use Bixby, it actually works.

0 Likes
randi9
Astronaut
Options
Galaxy Z Flip
It just blocks the answer. And I can't even click that X button on the top right