JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Aftermarket DVR options for Samsung TV Plus live TV

(Topic created: 09-22-2023 07:33 AM)
Eriknjones
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi All! Looking for an aftermarket DVR option for a Samsung Smart TV, TU-8300 Series - 4K UHD HDR Smart TV (UN55TU8300FXZA, 2020 Model).

It is a GREAT TV, but I really wish there was an option available to pause and rewind the Plus TV live channels. It doesn't seem to have "Timeshift" and I'm not sure if an external DVR will work since I don't have cable and I'm using the built-in channel feature and not using the TV Plus through an add-on app (such as Netflix, amazon primer, etc.).

ANY suggestions, options, or work-arounds would be extremely helpful and appreciated!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Eriknjones For an external DVR to work, you would need to place the DVR between the source of the show and the TV. DVRing from one of the built-in apps on the TV is not possible. 

Of course for Netflix and Amazon Prime you don't need a DVR. That content can be retrieved at anytime. 

View solution in context

1 Reply
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@Eriknjones For an external DVR to work, you would need to place the DVR between the source of the show and the TV. DVRing from one of the built-in apps on the TV is not possible. 

Of course for Netflix and Amazon Prime you don't need a DVR. That content can be retrieved at anytime.