JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

AirPlay Samsung 8 Series Not Working

(Topic created: 11-27-2020 08:08 AM)
userjlZ5JXCeYb
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have just purchased a 65 inch TU8000 and am trying to connect AirPlay from my iPhone/iPad. I can see the TV in my phone's AirPlay list but when I click it the TV screen just turns black. My iPhone prompts me for the code to play but I can't see the code as the screen is black. If I go into the TV AirPlay settings I get the same thing - I click and the screen goes black. Sometimes the AirPlay option within settings is even greyed out. I have been able to play YouTube from my iPhone using the TV app but for all other AirPlay streams it doesn't work. I've also been able to connect via bluetooth to play audio through the TV but not video via AirPlay. I have the latest software updated on both iPhone and TV and I have tried changing the DNS settings on the TV and the iPhone but no luck.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
userjlZ5JXCeYb
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes solved this in the end by doing a factory reset of the TV. Meant I had to go through the setup process again but AirPlay worked fined once I had set it up and had worked ever since. 

View solution in context

4 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I have the same problem. Airplay used to automatically work but suddenly stopped working.

user1jGZLk5QCZ
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Any luck solving as I’m running into same issue with tv attempting to connect an iPhone or iPad using airplay?

0 Likes
Solution
userjlZ5JXCeYb
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes solved this in the end by doing a factory reset of the TV. Meant I had to go through the setup process again but AirPlay worked fined once I had set it up and had worked ever since. 

SamsungLarry
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

An Accepted Solution has been marked and provided for this thread. The thread will now be locked for further replies. in hopes to keep the integrity of the thread from steering in a non-technical manner. If you have a separate concern, feel free to post again or send one of our moderators a private message with more details. Please note duplicate posts on similar subjects starting 2/1/21, will be removed to keep our community organized and make it easier for our users to find resolutions and needed content. Remember that if you do make a post, please include as many details about your symptoms as possible. Also, make sure that your title is a good summary of the overall situation that's occurring with your product. Thank you for being part of the community!

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes