Original topic:

Apps no longer getting updates

(Topic created: 03-26-2024 08:56 AM)
TUBuckeye29
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have a UHD Smart TV in my living room (UN50KU6300) whose apps won't update to the latest available anymore.

For comparison: I bought my bedroom [UHD] TV a year later (UN43RU7100FXZA).

- The Funimation app would not play most of the vids available to stream on my living room TV; but they did play on the bedroom TV. It eventually occurred to me I should check the apps and I saw the versions differed (can't recall the versions b/c I've since had to convert to Crunchyroll, which isn't even available in the app store for my living room TV).

- Pre-installed Amazon Prime Video app on both TVs: ver. 1.2.1 in living room versus ver. 9.0.0 in bedroom. Since Prime intro'd limited commercials: on living room TV/older app, every time an ad break ends, there is a shadowed bar at the top of the screen that persists until I pause/unpause. This does not happen with the newer app version on bedroom TV.

Why are available app versions not persistent among the TV generations? Especially if they are only 1-gen apart? Is there a way to manually update the Prime app on my living room TV to eliminate this frustrating function problem? Is this a Samsung issue or an Amazon issue (I think the former)?
2 Replies
Robin621k
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
It is a 7-year-old TV, and it might not be getting updates anymore. It might be time for a streaming device for that TV!

I never use the TV apps, slow to update apps. I use a Google TV device and Fire TV cube. You can get a refurbished FireTV stick $20.
0 Likes
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you so much for posting about this, I'll be more than delighted to assist with this issue. Is the tv giving an error message when you try to update the tv? Here is a link you might find helpful: https://www.samsung.com/us/support/answer/ANS00062224/ Please let me know if you find this helpful. 

0 Likes