Directv Gemini Stream and Samsung TV Issues

(Topic created: 03-21-2024 10:57 AM)
MikeW79
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Thursday, 3/21/24

Hello,

Bought a new Samsung TV at the end of January this year.  Works great with Comcast cable and Amazon Firestick.  In February, stopped Comcast and switched to Fidium internet and Directv.  That’s when problems started.  The Directv Gemini Air (with its integral HDMI cable) and Samsung combination begins with a green, purple, or some other color screen when starting up.  The only way to get things to work properly seems to be restarting the Gemini Air device.  Annoying at best.  Would like to know how to proceed.  I have been trying to troubleshoot this for over two weeks.  The Directv Gemini Air device works on our other TV (a 10-year old Samsung).  The Gemini remote is nice because it can also control the TV and Vizio soundbar on/off and volume.

Would like some solutions for this combination.  These are both modern technology devices.  Otherwise, the Samsung TV goes back, the Directv is cancelled, and the Gemini Air device goes back, or both.  I am going to post this on the Directv support site as well as Samsung.  A quick search of the internet shows this is a common problem without a solution.  I don’t consider restarting the Gemini Air device every time as a solution.

Customer support with Directv twice, they nicely replaced dongles, problem still persists

Below are the things I’ve tried:

• HDMI 1: no changes
  • Tv and Gemini both have the latest updates
  • HDMI 2 eARC: no changes
  • Restart the pendant three times: good
  • Settings > System > device preferences > System update: says up to date
  • Settings > system > device preferences > screen saver > power saving > turn off (was on)
    • Note – Power Saving “your device will go into sleep mode after 4 hours of inactivity”
  • Settings > system > device preferences > restart
    • White dot wheel (3 times), Directv logo, Directv moving blue bar, works (about 3 minutes)
  • HDMI 3: plugged in with longer HDMI extension cable
  • When starting on new port, said no when asked if wanted to control TV with Gemini remote (it already is)
  • Picture was not great, turned off and on with remote a few times and it got better
  • Display settings

Gemini

1080P

Game mode off (was on)

HDR off (was on)

Samsung TV

Apply picture settings to current source (was all sources)

Connection > external device manager >

General & privacy > start screen option > turned off autorun last app and autorun multi view mirroring (both were on)

• No changes, still have startup issues

Many thanks,

MikeW

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
MikeW79
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Solved! -- took the Samsung back and bought a LG OLED C3.  No more issues.

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
MikeW79
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Solved! -- took the Samsung back and bought a LG OLED C3.  No more issues.

0 Likes