Original topic:

Are these bright spots able to be repaired

(Topic created: 11-27-2022 12:01 PM)
userwmg46WjmeA
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello everyone,

As you can see in the photo attached, I have 2 areas on the left side which have very bright pixels.  When the image on the screen gets dark these fade away.  However, as the image on the screen gets brighter in that area, you can see how bright they get.

Does anyone know if this would be able to be repaired or this damage is permanent?  The TV is 7 years old approximately.

Thanks

20221101_195127.jpg

4 Replies
KennewickMan
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
IMHO, You need a new screen or TV. Not only do you have those bright, malfunctioning pixels on the left, but you also have a lot of dead pixels throughout your screen. Repair or replace. Sorry, OP!
0 Likes
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I have this same problem the hardest part of fixing is taking the tv apart they have these crystals that go over the lights and over time the glue gives away and the crystals fall off I've watched videos on how to fix once the tv is apart takes 2 seconds to glue them back on then the hassle of putting it back together later today I will look for the video again and post it for you I just don't have the time at this moment
Solution
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I mean, yeah, you can pay to have them repaired but imo if the TV is 7 years old that money, and it would be a lot, would be better spent towards a new TV.
ButtaBean_420
Black Hole
Options
HD and UHD TVs
It actually isn't all that expensive like I said in my previous comment it's not a very hard job and would probably take an inexperienced person maybe an hour to do yourself the worst is taking apart and putting back together and that's not really the hard part the hard part is disconnecting the strips of wires
0 Likes