JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Black Screen on TV

(Topic created: 12-27-2023 08:27 PM)
Angry6544
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Today, my 50" Smart TV stopped working in less than a couple of years. Completely unacceptable. I called and they want me to pay for a service call!!! Any suggestions on how to get this very expensive tv to work again?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Definitely sounds like a service repair issue. Most televisions have a self-life of 5 years, they don't make 'em like they used to back in the day, because the technology is more advanced and require a lot more out of the components. 

Samsung televisions come with a one-year warranty, seeing as you said it's a couple of years old, that's probably why you have to pay. Most companies only provide a one-year warranty so, sadly it's one of those things where you have to suck it up and bite the bullet and repair it or replace it. 

If you wish to have service please use the link below to find a service center in your area:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

View solution in context

0 Likes
3 Replies
Rahulkumarsree
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi buddy, first you have to Gather information What symptoms is the TV exhibiting? Is it completely dead, with no power at all? Does it have sound but no picture? Does it turn on but display an error message? Knowing the specific issue can help narrow down potential causes and determine if a service call is even necessary

Angry6544
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey. The TV turns on. The red light turns on. The TV will go from a black screen to a gray screen with no picture. The red light then blinks quickly a few times then the cycle repeats (black, gray with no pic, blinking red a few times). There is no sound from the TV directly. If I connect the TV to the external audio, there is sound but still no picture on the TV. As nothing shows on the TV, there is no way to use the remote to get to anything (home, settings, etc). Any thoughts?

0 Likes
Solution
LeoWyatt89
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Definitely sounds like a service repair issue. Most televisions have a self-life of 5 years, they don't make 'em like they used to back in the day, because the technology is more advanced and require a lot more out of the components. 

Samsung televisions come with a one-year warranty, seeing as you said it's a couple of years old, that's probably why you have to pay. Most companies only provide a one-year warranty so, sadly it's one of those things where you have to suck it up and bite the bullet and repair it or replace it. 

If you wish to have service please use the link below to find a service center in your area:

https://www.samsung.com/us/support/service/locations/

0 Likes