JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Most Buttons Not Working on Smart Remote

(Topic created: 12-04-2020 08:36 AM)
useruLsgwDxx7s
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

For my Smart Remote (Model No. BN59-01301A), only a few buttons work on it (the MUTE button; the right button (the button with an arrow pointing right which allows users to move to the right on their TV); the PAUSE and Fast-Forward button; the Rewind and P.SIZE button; the green B button at the bottom of the remote; and the GUIDE button.) What does this mean? Is there any way I can fix this? 

Just so you know, my TV´s MN is: UN32N5300AFXZA.

6 Replies
Solution
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to reset your remote? You can do that by doing the following: Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruLsgwDxx7s
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Yes, I have tried resetting my remote, and that did not fix my issue. What else can I do?

0 Likes
SamsungCaleb
Samsung Moderator
Samsung Moderator
Options
HD and UHD TVs

The next two options would be to first make sure your TV is up to date and if possible to try a factory reset on the TV. 

Be sure to click " ✓ Accept as Solution" when you find an answer that works for you.

Please note, notification emails are a DO NOT REPLY address, you must log-in on the community page in order to respond.

0 Likes
useruLsgwDxx7s
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey Caleb. Thank you for your help. This did work for me after all. I went back and tried this option again, and now it works. I was just impatient, haha. Thank you!

@SamsungCaleb wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that, have you tried to reset your remote? You can do that by doing the following: Remove the batteries and then press Power for 8 seconds to reset the remote. Then reinsert the batteries and try to use the remote again. Check out the user manual if you need help accessing the battery compartment.

0 Likes
userN4TWM7m8We
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs

As someone now coming to this same issue, having tried resetting the remote to no success and with a TV current on updates - is factory-resetting a ❤️ year old electronic the only way to correct a remote issue?

0 Likes
Anonymous
Not applicable
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userN4TWM7m8We Did you try SamsungCaleb's suggestion? Have you tried replacing the batteries and re-pairing the remote?

0 Likes