JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Netflix stopped working on smart tv

(Topic created: 03-12-2024 08:44 AM)
userVjBVTaf8fo
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

March 11 2024. My Samsung smart TV stopped supporting Netflix. When Netflix is selected on TV app menu, the screen goes black and TV must be restarted. TV model is PN51E55D1F. Manufactured 2012.

0 Likes

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userVjBVTaf8fo I have had weird things happen when apps need updating. Have you tried removing the Netflix app and reinstalling it? 

View solution in context

5 Replies
Solution
LongHiker
Legendary Samsung Care Ambassador
Options
HD and UHD TVs

@userVjBVTaf8fo I have had weird things happen when apps need updating. Have you tried removing the Netflix app and reinstalling it? 

Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! If the information from @LongHiker does not help then this may be another issue I would recommend making sure this is not occurring on any other app. If it continues on all other apps this may require service. But if it does not then it will be an app issue. But as the app is not supported anymore uninstalling it and reinstalling may be the only option. You can purchase a third-party streaming device to use Netflix. 

0 Likes
littlewillow1011
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

I had a similar problem with the SlingTV app. Oddly enough it was last March and then again a few days ago - almost exactly a year later. I had forgotten about it happening last year until I googled and came up with my own answer. Here's a link to how I fixed it:

https://us.community.samsung.com/t5/HD-and-UHD-TVs/SlingTV-app-not-working/td-p/2537611

I know how frustrating it is, so I hope that helps. Good luck!

0 Likes
userVjBVTaf8fo
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs
I fixed it.
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

That's so great to hear! We'd love to know which steps worked for you, but we're glad to know you're able to fully enjoy this beautiful TV again. 

0 Likes