JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Replacing my 55” cracked screen

(Topic created: 05-04-2023 12:19 AM)
LordPK
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey all. I purchased a 55” UHU7100 about 3 years back and not even 2 years into having it, the wall mount failed and the tv came crashing down. Now I get the whole “It’s cheaper to buy a new one” theory but I just purchased it, I don’t need a new one and I’m really not a big fan of needing to upgrade every other year. Especially if the tv still functions and the newer models only have better picture quality. The quality of picture from a tv 3 years ago is perfectly fine to me so why upgrade.  It’s a tv and will do exactly what it does now, in 15 years from now. I have an LCD From 2010 still works, I have had to replace 2 hdmi ports but having the knowledge to do so, makes it a win win and not a problems in my opinion. I guess where I’m going with this is, I can replace the screen myself so that’s not an issue. I’ve looked and came up empty handed or been given a line of  from private sellers in regards to new screens. Since most manufacturers don’t even use a screen made by their company, exactly where might I be able to purchase a new screen and simply replace it myself. No need to spend more money on a newer model tv. The one I got 3 years back worked perfect up to the failing wall mount. I’m sure with a new face (i.e a screen) it’ll work just fine for my needs again saving me money. Any help on where to locate a replacement screen is greatly appreciated. Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey there! For all your parts needs, you can check out www.samsungparts.com or by calling our parts department at 800-627-4368.  

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hey there! For all your parts needs, you can check out www.samsungparts.com or by calling our parts department at 800-627-4368.  

0 Likes