JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Samsung 7 series - Cannot connect

(Topic created: 01-11-2023 10:34 AM)
userw3lj7pb4cS
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

In mid-December 2022 I was able to use Airplay and Screen Mirroring on my TV just as I have since I first bought it. Last Saturday, Jan 6 I was able to use Airplay to watch a TV recording on the TV. Ever since then, I have not been able to connect to the TV at all. 

When I use the Smart Things app, it shows the TV offline. When I try to use Airplay or Screen Mirroring, I get a message that it's not able to connect. 

I've read some other posts about resetting the TV to factory settings, which I have done. I still get nothing when I try to connect to my phone or iPad. All devices are on the same wireless network.

I try to set up through the Smart Things app and am prompted to enter "Enter the PIN on your phone" and it shows a PIN. The problem is there is no place or indication where to enter on the phone.

Any help?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be disappointing with AIplay not working. Some things you can try is to make sure that both the TV and the iPhone are running the most up-to-date software for each device. Also, I see that you are on the same network but as most of our TVs are not compatible with 5GHz you will need to make sure both devices are on the 2.4GHz band. 

After that, the last step would be to try and restart your router. And to unplug and replug your TV up and let all power drain out. 

If none of this helps you can call directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and ask for our smart things department to get further help. 

View solution in context

0 Likes
1 Reply
Solution
Samsung_Moderator
Community Manager
Community Manager
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hello! Thank you for reaching out! I see how this can be disappointing with AIplay not working. Some things you can try is to make sure that both the TV and the iPhone are running the most up-to-date software for each device. Also, I see that you are on the same network but as most of our TVs are not compatible with 5GHz you will need to make sure both devices are on the 2.4GHz band. 

After that, the last step would be to try and restart your router. And to unplug and replug your TV up and let all power drain out. 

If none of this helps you can call directly at 1 (800) 726-7864 and ask for our smart things department to get further help. 

0 Likes