JUMP TO SOLUTION Solved

Original topic:

Smart TV vs Roku TV

(Topic created: 05-18-2021 04:17 PM)
usermClDzmAcOi
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Hi Everyone! I wanna give gift to my eldest son. I want to give him a TV. Which TV should I choose? Smart TV or Rohu TV. Need your reviews related to these. There is no issue of budget. Thanks in advance.

0 Likes
7 Replies
Bern7
Astronaut
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Smart TV. My Roku TV slams me with ads as I'm turning on TV, and although watching YT is great, the ad thing bugs me
0 Likes
floydvoid
Comet
Options
HD and UHD TVs
roku tvs are cheap. i bought a 55 inch TCL and after 3 straight days of trying to play with the color and contrast setings every single person on the tv had this yellowish-green tint in various places. almost that final color before a bruise goes away is the best i can describe it.

i returned that piece of junk and got my current samsung 55 inch tv and a roku ultra. now, i must say... i am not happy with this samsung tv. the volume is constantly messed up as of about 7 months ago. it only adjusts to volume level 3, 5 or 7. luckily i have a soundbar, but when everybody else is sleeping i'm watching on a volume level that is hardly audible.

on top of that, almost every morning after i turn it on i have to hold down the play and back button to pair the remote for it to work and about twice a week i have to hold down the power button for ten seconds to reset the tv to even be able to try and pair the remote. it's a total hassle. the picture is great, but i've not had this samsung tv for 3 years and i'm almost certain one of these days in the near future it is just going to go out on me for good and when it does i will not be buying another...hope this helps
0 Likes
Diaboyos
Honored Contributor
Options
HD and UHD TVs
Personally, I would get him a "dumb" TV, the same model but without the "Smart" streaming features. Smart TV's and Blu ray players may have the ability to stream but they were never really intended to and as such don't do a great job. Getting the dumb version of the same TV without the smart features will save hundreds of dollars. To stream I'd get him the Nvidia Shield.
0 Likes
noahjames41
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

It depends upon your budget. Roku TVs are cheaper in price but Smart TVs are up to date with many latest features.

LoAh
0 Likes
usermClDzmAcOi
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Alright! So which TV should I choose? What are your final suggestions? I have an average budget. Not too much and not too less.

Solution
noahjames41
Constellation
Options
HD and UHD TVs

Every Person has his/her own choice. According to me, Roku TVs are best in 2021. I am using it and it's my review.

https://homestal.com/smart-tv-vs-roku-tv/

LoAh
usermClDzmAcOi
Asteroid
Options
HD and UHD TVs

let me check it.

0 Likes